Motul X-Lite 0w30, 9756mi, 97 JDM ITR engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Izb
Motul X-lite 0W-30 - ester based
Motul 300V - double ester based.

Slight correction: no one really knows what kinds of esters are used in X-Lite 0w-30. I'm told it is very similar to 300V, so it may have a similar double ester base. "Ester based" is just a label that Motul puts on oils that have some esters in them.

Originally Posted By: Izb
- How many % of group V contains in X-lite 0W30?

No one knows, and I highly doubt Motul will tell. They are just as secretive as any other company about their formulations.

I did find something on the MSDS that indicated a group III component. However, the MSDS also said something about not having hazardous substances in hazardous amounts, so that might just be an additive.

For the rest, I'll send you a PM.

Originally Posted By: dkryan
d00df00d:

I like Blackstone and their price, but I use Dyson Analysis, as his lab uses a "closed cup" method for testing fuel dilution.

Me too, actually.

Apparently the kind of spectroscopy he uses also catches a wider range of particles than what Blackstone uses.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: dkryan
d00df00d:

I like Blackstone and their price, but I use Dyson Analysis, as his lab uses a "closed cup" method for testing fuel dilution.

Me too, actually.

Apparently the kind of spectroscopy he uses also catches a wider range of particles than what Blackstone uses.

I recall Terry saying something like:

There just is NO free lunch in good testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back