PP 5w-30, 5104 miles, 08 Jeep Wrangler

Status
Not open for further replies.
UOAs on my Jeep since new. My Jeep is not a daily driver. It is either bouncing around in the high desert or driving to the desert.

First oil report is factory fill. Next two are Motorcraft 5w-20, Next is M1 T&SUV 5w-30. Last two oil changes are Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30. Copper has always been high but is slowly trending down. Everything else is looking good.

Comments?

Oilreport11-09gsLargeed.jpg

Are you running the stock air filter? That's a good looking silicon number for a rig that bounces around the desert a lot, good deal.
thumbsup2.gif
We've seen higher silicon in many highway driven cars that had less miles on the oil.

Nice to see the copper coming down.

The air filter is a stock setup. I'm no fan of K&N for off road use.

Thought about Rotella T. I used it in my Jeep Liberty with no problems. I may try it for one oil change and run a UOA to see how it does.

Going from a 5W-20 to a 5W-30 didn't seem to help copper much if any. It is trending down on its own I'd say. I doubt a thicker oil would help any. I'm sure it won't hurt to try either.

I've been very happy with PP in my car. If it spec.'s 5W-20 why not try PP 5W-20 instead of the 5W-30 and see how it works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back