Scion TC clutch fluid change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've searched online and on the Scion Life forums.

I cannot find a procedure for it.

It's for a 2008 TC.

Anyone know how it's done?

I think these ones have the clutch and brake fluid in a shared reservoir. Flushing the brake fluid will flush both.

Now that's a novel idea- a combined reservoir. Seems like something that American OEM's should've come up with a couple decades ago.

Edmond,

Most clutch equipped cars nowadays use the master cylinder's brake fluid but have a separate slave cylinder which should have bleed valve on it. It's a good idea, and a time saver, to suck out the fluid in the mc and refill with fresh DOT3 or DOT4. You then should have a friend push the clutch down, you open the bleed valve, let the fluid out, close the valve, then let up on the clutch. You might have to manually lift the clutch pedal off the floor to get it back to the starting position. Do this 5-6 times and you should be good to go. Do this every 2-3 yrs and your slave cylinder should outlast the car.

Shared reservoirs are great.
If you use a 2 man bleed, you guys better be in synch.
One 'oops' or wrong way will negate everything up to that point.
Only have him move the pedal AFTER you give the order, like a Nazi U-Boat captain!
My choice is a Mity-Vac or similar vacuum bleed that you simply run the rubber line to the bleed nipple, and open it while vacuum is applied.

No matter what method you use, suck out the old fluid and replace it first. Otherwise, you are pushing old fluid through the system!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back