MC Syn-blend 5W-20 7500miles 08 HONDA Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last test had some bogus numbers. Blackstone stepped up and this one was on the house. NICE!

Moderate hyper mileing used.
Waited till the 15% tell tail came on this time.

Regardless of the results I will not exceed Honda's 15% and besides I did get my monies worth on this 4 qts.
banana2.gif

fit27kmilesuoa.gif

looking good. I do like MC oils. Could probably push it a little further if you wanted too.

How long to get the 7500 miles?

What is your average mpg with the car if you dont mind?

Nice. TBN says you could have taken it to 0%, but I understand not wanting to. I pushed a similar semi-syn dino 5W-30 to 8881 miles and it was SHOT.

Originally Posted By: 02zx9r

What is your average mpg with the car if you dont mind?

I need to catch up with my Clean MPG log, but have been getting right at 50mpg tanks last few months. Switched from P&G+FAS on I-95 to steady 55 and it was worth at least 5mpg......

That also shortened the Honda Oil life cycle a great deal. The last 9500 mile run was at 20% so was actually not ready.

938.png

cha938.png

Was down to 1 5 qt and about a qt in 2nd so started looking for more. Auto zone $13.58, Pep Boys $17 something and went back to Wally world today and snagged 4x 5qt jugs at $11.50 each. Should of got a few more

That works out to $.00131mile for oil including tax and the best part is, I'm darn sure via testing my engine is well lubracated....

Nice! Even the Flash point seemed to holdup nicely!As too the 55MPH on I95 I can only hope someone runs you of the road before someone shoots you for going that slow! Anytime a person goes more then 5MPH slower then the average pace on a motor way you become a road harzard to yourself and other's I think DOT says 10MPH slower then average flow equals road hazard. This is why a lot of states that have different speeds for tractor Trailers then for non-commmerical trafic have started to raise the speed closer tot hat of the rest of trafic too many accidents caused by the slower speeds for the big rigs!

I figured I'd get some of this wisdom from those that have never tried it. my bad will not post this stuff again.

FYI I-95 has 5 lanes in the area I do 55 and nobody is bothered less the folks that assume it's an issue !

DOT Min posted speed is 45mph on this road

Last edited:
Post whatever you felel like posting, dont worry about it.

On two 1100 mile trips from RI to VA, with stops in MD along the way and back I set my cruise at 65mph and over the three tanks it took to get there and back I averaged just over 40mpg, with the best tank at 42 mpg. This was on two lanes on I-95 and I wasnt being pushed off the road or nothing

On the second trip two weeks later I mainly stayed at 70mph

I just read modularv8's post on MC oils. I may consider MC oils going forward. For the $, tough to beat.

Originally Posted By: buster
I just read modularv8's post on MC oils. I may consider MC oils going forward. For the $, tough to beat.

Can you share the link to that so I can read it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back