Today at 12:53 PM
Michelin Tires?
by dslofti
Today at 12:42 PM
Newest Members
kinder, SamBruin7, splatt, Lars65inc, dothedrew1202
51984 Registered Users
Who's Online
111 registered (andyd, Analyzer, 97tbird, 2010_FX4, 1foxracing, AITG, 7 invisible), 1884 Guests and 155 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51984 Members
66 Forums
222528 Topics
3521949 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#1664554 - 11/09/09 01:12 PM Last thing you ate before having a heart attack?
Popinski Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I ask this because before I had a heart attack, I ate very unhealthy, mostly American fast food. After the heart attack(2 years ago), I turned into a non-junky type Vegetarian(the ones who know healthy and unhealthy Veggies foods, for example: Potato Chips vs potatoes cooked in EV olive oil and garlic.) It's been 2 years and I lost 20 pounds and I feel a lot better. Doc said that I'm so much better than before.

Anyway, my "last" meal was: 2 Big Macs, Coke, chicken nuggets and some fries.

Rarely do I go out to eat anymore and it makes me cringe when parents brings their kids to eat that [censored].

#1664561 - 11/09/09 01:18 PM Re: Last thing you ate before having a heart attack? [Re: Popinski]
Bulli Offline

Loc: Chicago
i eat it that junk food from tome to time to. around 2-3 times a week but mostly its just a mcchiken w. no mayo or mcdouble.

i rarely eat the meals.

but i work out and eat healthy most of the time...

#1664565 - 11/09/09 01:22 PM Re: Last thing you ate before having a heart attack? [Re: Bulli]
Liquid_Turbo Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Absolutely blows my mind how anyone could ever eat the [censored] McDonalds calls 'food'.

#1664575 - 11/09/09 01:32 PM Re: Last thing you ate before having a heart attack? [Re: Liquid_Turbo]
hate2work Offline

Loc: Western Washington
Originally Posted By: Liquid_Turbo
Absolutely blows my mind how anyone could ever eat the [censored] McDonalds calls 'food'.

I'm with you, Turbo. I tried to watch "Supersize Me" and it just made me nauseous.

#1664582 - 11/09/09 01:40 PM Re: Last thing you ate before having a heart attack? [Re: hate2work]
bepperb Offline

Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Well, keep in mind everyone who goes into McDonalds doesn't eat

"2 Big Macs, Coke, chicken nuggets and some fries"

So before you judge others, keep in mind some of us can be satisfied with just one value meal, and perhaps not even eat all the fries [gasp].
2006 Accord 2.4l K24A8
1993 Kawi EX 500

#1664595 - 11/09/09 01:51 PM Re: Last thing you ate before having a heart attack? [Re: Popinski]
StevieC Offline

Loc: Niagara Falls, ON, CA (near)
Originally Posted By: Popinski
I ask this because before I had a heart attack, I ate very unhealthy, mostly American fast food. After the heart attack(2 years ago), I turned into a non-junky type Vegetarian(the ones who know healthy and unhealthy Veggies foods, for example: Potato Chips vs potatoes cooked in EV olive oil and garlic.) It's been 2 years and I lost 20 pounds and I feel a lot better. Doc said that I'm so much better than before.

Rarely do I go out to eat anymore and it makes me cringe when parents brings their kids to eat that [censored].
I haven't had one myself but I have a ton of family members that have had heart attacks, bypass, surgery etc. They all ate terribly before. Now they eat very well, only drink Green Tea instead of Coffee and take Co-Q10 natural supplements and have never felt better. Their Cholesterol is in check, blood pressure is good and they look/feel well.

Steve

Don't be part of the Sheeple, check frequently for wool over your eyes. wink

#1664598 - 11/09/09 01:53 PM Re: Last thing you ate before having a heart attack? [Re: Liquid_Turbo]
StevieC Offline

Loc: Niagara Falls, ON, CA (near)
Originally Posted By: Liquid_Turbo
It's Salt, Fat & Carbs that propels the fast food industry. The brain likes these things and it's like automatic marketing.

Don't be part of the Sheeple, check frequently for wool over your eyes. wink

#1664612 - 11/09/09 02:15 PM Re: Last thing you ate before having a heart attack? [Re: bepperb]
mcrn Offline

Loc: FL
Originally Posted By: bepperb
Well, keep in mind everyone who goes into McDonalds doesn't eat

"2 Big Macs, Coke, chicken nuggets and some fries"

So before you judge others, keep in mind some of us can be satisfied with just one value meal, and perhaps not even eat all the fries [gasp].

I don't think he ever mentioned the quantity? Just the fact that its what McDonalds calls food. I don't think it matters if its one burger or the entire menu its still garbage and its hard to tell any of that is the same stuff you would buy at the supermarket yourself. I have never seen meat cooked that looked like theirs.

#1664615 - 11/09/09 02:24 PM Re: Last thing you ate before having a heart attack? [Re: mcrn]
Popinski Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I was pretty serious about my question....

"What was the last thing you ate before you had a Heart Attack?"

Here, I'll post my friend's answer: He ate a Pizza the night before, when he woke up, he felt extremely numb and weak. Doc said he had a mild heart attack pre-symptoms. Thank God he didn't die in his sleep.

Edited by Popinski (11/09/09 02:24 PM)

#1664714 - 11/09/09 04:03 PM Re: Last thing you ate before having a heart attack? [Re: Popinski]
double vanos Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas
When my friend had his heart attack, the meal prior to it was 2 racks of baby back ribs. The physcian that took care of him said his blood sample looked as if it had chicken fat in it. He hasn't eaten ribs since....

#1664717 - 11/09/09 04:05 PM Re: Last thing you ate before having a heart attack? [Re: Popinski]
Eric Smith Offline

Loc: Kansas City, KS
Hmm can't remember all of it. I know I was at my SIL/BIL house eating asian food. I think it was some fresh steamed fish with sticky rice and few egg rolls. I really haven't changed my habits but then again my habits weren't bad to begin with. Eat out once a month if that not alot of processed foods. Funny I didn't have a problems still I started eating healthier last December. Just goes to show you you can't out run your gene's.

Edit: Nevermind I remember now. I had that meal above around noon. It was Church's chicken I had that night. Throwing up 2 pieces of chicken that's been your stomach undigested for a entire day... yuck absoultely nasty.

Edited by Eric Smith (11/09/09 04:13 PM)

#1664746 - 11/09/09 04:31 PM Re: Last thing you ate before having a heart attack? [Re: Popinski]
Lurch Offline

Loc: TN
Sorry you had a HA but good that you changed your diet.

For many people, it's not meat that needs to be avoided, it's just fast food in general, lack of exercise, and other poor lifestyle habits.

Personally I eat grass fed beef most every day, free range eggs (2 or 3 daily) high quality butter (daily) coconut oil (loaded with saturated fats - daily), organic poultry, and a lot of vegetables, fruit, and whole grains. I exercise 3-4x a week, and I love to expose my body to sunshine with NO sunblock.

#1664756 - 11/09/09 04:35 PM Re: Last thing you ate before having a heart attac [Re: Popinski]
440Magnum Offline

Loc: Texas
Hopefully, I'll never find out ;-)

I'm not a "health nut," but I've really been working on eating smaller portions and a better balance over the past few years. Eating meat isn't the problem, eating 1/2 pound of fatty cheap ground hambburger meat at a sitting with greasy fries as a chaser is the problem. I'll *NEVER* give up an occasional big dose of brisket or sausage, but I won't go a meal without healthy vegetables anymore either. Last cholesterol test had it at ~130 with a good hdl/ldl balance.

Green tea really messes up my stomach- just can't take it very often. Article in today's paper pointed out that coffee, in moderation, is showing pretty much all the same antioxidant benefits as tea, though, so I'm good ;-)
'99 Cherokee 4.0, '11 Grand Cherokee 3.6

#1664983 - 11/09/09 08:00 PM Re: Last thing you ate before having a heart attack? [Re: Popinski]
Pablo Offline

Loc: Duvall WA - Pacific NW USA
Originally Posted By: Popinski

shocked
shocked
shocked
shocked
shocked
shocked
shocked
shocked
shocked
shocked
shocked
shocked
shocked
shocked
shocked
shocked
shocked

Dude, that would put me in a coma, and my heart is good!!

I eat meat. Not much wrong with that. I'm an omnivore and I gain weight on carbs, even if they are real grains, etc. Green, yellow, red veggies and some lean mean and a little whole grains. Made from fresh good ingredients....not prepared trash.

#1664996 - 11/09/09 08:09 PM Re: Last thing you ate before having a heart attac [Re: 440Magnum]
philobeddoe Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Hopefully, I'll never find out ;-)

I'm not a "health nut," but I've really been working on eating smaller portions and a better balance over the past few years. Eating meat isn't the problem, eating 1/2 pound of fatty cheap ground hambburger meat at a sitting with greasy fries as a chaser is the problem. I'll *NEVER* give up an occasional big dose of brisket or sausage, but I won't go a meal without healthy vegetables anymore either. Last cholesterol test had it at ~130 with a good hdl/ldl balance.

Green tea really messes up my stomach- just can't take it very often. Article in today's paper pointed out that coffee, in moderation, is showing pretty much all the same antioxidant benefits as tea, though, so I'm good ;-)

i am a health nut

you'd be surprised how much eating grains affects your cholesterol levels

i eat meat, especially BBQ, like a man possessed

but i cut out grains and dairy, and i'm healthy as a horse

i eat lots of animal protein and animal fat, but i don't eat it between bread, or sop up sauce with bread or eat any cheese

animals, green vegetable and fruits thumbsup

... no cholesterol issues, no triglyceride issues, no arterial plaque ... it's all good

I'd rather be fryin' grunions

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >