turbo track miata Rotella Synth UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been able to track the car at 95* ambient with no heat problems, but I'm worried about pushing it over the edge and I'm seriously "over" spending money on this car.

However, I'm going to pull some more data off the cooling system, but really don't want to wait until summer 2009 to stress the system for real data. I'm already looking at switching to a v-mount radiator and intercooler. I should also note that a couple people I respect are running similar oil cooler mounts to what I have currently with superior quality cores and cooling effectively.

My thought being that you could manage your space better with coolant:eek:il heat exchangers. Bought new they aren't cheap. The bottom line is you've got so much thermal production and it's going to find its way into the jackets, the exhaust, or the oil. If your cooling system can endure sustained high output, but your oil temp is getting too high, then you're doing the right thing with adding more oil cooling. It's just that air:eek:il coolers aren't efficient for the space that they require. Big enough, they're just fine.

Here's a new one with 4 days on it. Now that I have oil temps down from 290*f to 230*f, much less iron shows up in the oil:
fuyssk.jpg

How long will this engine go? I have about 40-hours on it so far and this data looks great.

This is the first of the "new Rotella T6" oils. The previous sample from 11/10 is Amsoil "High Zinc", the others are old Rotella T6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back