Calcium 1634
Magnes 498
Phos 837
Zinc 966

SUS visc @ 210f 65.0
cSt visc @ 100c 11.62
Flash 445f
TBN 11.0

viscosity was a bit lower than i expected. TBN was a bit higher. still looking for help posting reports here so i don't have to type this out every time. thanks!

Originally Posted By: Hoosier_Daddy
still looking for help posting reports here so i don't have to type this out every time. thanks!

It's better if you type it out. This way the data doesn't get lost if the image disappears or the link gets broken.

But if you want to:

1. Open the PDF and hit PrintScreen button.

2. Open your graphics/photo editor application (such as Paint in Windows) and choose Edit/Paste.

3. Save the image as JPG file.

4. Upload the JPG file to a free image hosting site such as photobucket.

5. Post a link to the image in your thread on BITOG and wrap it in
tags.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Now if it had about 1200 ppm more Calcium.....

It has a pretty good dose of magnesium to make up for the calcium. A lot of oil blenders are leaning that direction these days.

Originally Posted By: Hoosier_Daddy

cSt visc @ 100c 11.62

viscosity was a bit lower than i expected.

Thanks Hoosier for the post.

And yes as I recall cSt visc @ 100c was always quoted as a smidge over 12...lab error? Btw, which lab did this VOA?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

It has a pretty good dose of magnesium to make up for the calcium. A lot of oil blenders are leaning that direction these days.
Whats the downside to Mg in a non-diesel application? I recall someone on NORIA explaned it once b4. Looks like pass car euro Diesel oil.

i'm using Blackstone. i'm running some oils i find interesting to share here. i don't know how accurate Blackstone is and these numbers should really only be compared to other Blackstone reports. they seem to always run to the low side on additives

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

Whats the downside to Mg in a non-diesel application? I recall someone on NORIA explaned it once b4. Looks like pass car euro Diesel oil.

It apparently is abrasive, and can create rough deposits if it is burned in the CC......something like that.

Like the TBN
Some of the add pack looks weak
Appears they don't like Moly in their formula.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back