Any other Amsoil dealers being poached/approached?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this in an email today. I've "X"'d out the outfit to prevent anything either way coming of it.

As an Independent Amsoil Dealer, you are already selling probably the highest quality Synthetic product on the market. However you are also selling one of the most expensive.

XXXXXX Full Synthetic products, sell to our end customers @ $3.99/qt. allowing our products to be used in the customers volume segment.

We do not suggest that you would stop selling the products that you already sell but simply suggest that you can sell a second brand that competes in a different market segment and can significantly increase your sales to your existing customer base.

XXXXXXX LLC distributes its products directly to your customer so no inventory is required by our IMR’s, simply establish the customer and start earning commissions on volume sales! Please note that we are not a multi-level marketing company and we do not support MLM marketing of our products.

For more information on xxxxx Full Synthetic Lubricants and details on becoming a xxxxx IMR, and learn more please visit matrix lubricants website. xxxxxxxx.com/imr.aspx

Thank you for taking the time to learn about matrix lubricants and our synthetic motor oils and should you require any additional information please do not hesitate to contact me.

xxxxxxx

Matrix Formula MX4 Full Synthetic 5W-30

Vis @ 40 °C: 50.0 cSt
Vis @ 100 °C: 8.0 cSt
Viscosity Index: 145
Zinc, %wt: 0.0845
Phosphorus, %wt: 0.0768
Flash COC: 405 °F
TBN (min): 7.0

Oh yeah. Amsoil ain't got nothin' on this...
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: -Clayton-
Don't click the link.

Wow ...that's interesting. I just put xxxxxx in where the name was.

Yeah, don't click the link.

Looks like I didn't proof read it good enough and left one reference to the company. So much for the well executed plans.

The link or the letter?

It's an interesting way to develop a dealer network without developing a dealer network ..just hitching a ride on Amsoil's.

don't see an issue with mentioning the name in public. especially if it is an unsolicted request.

Oh. I just didn't want some alarm bells ringing in Wisconsin. There may be dealers making money off of this outfit, and the last thing that needs to happen is that Gary Allan blew it for them.

I have no need to market the stuff. Nice price point on the consumer level. Conventional oils are priced real close to that.

Smart marketing if you ask me. It might not be the most ethical, but in the automotive lubes/additives business there are a bunch people/businesses who could care less about ethics, it's all about making $$$$$$$$$.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Smart marketing if you ask me. It might not be the most ethical, but in the automotive lubes/additives business there are a bunch people/businesses who could care less about ethics, it's all about making $$$$$$$$$.

in any business really.

Newsflash: Businesses can't survive if they don't make money. Some people go as far as saying profit is nasty dirty word and the government should "do something".

As for Gary's post - it looks like spam, so my ISP spam filter probably gigged it if I was cc'd. I can see a marketing niche on one hand, on the other hand OTS oils can blow this stuff out of the water and most successful Amsoil guys will recognize it for what it is. I did not see any prices.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Newsflash: Businesses can't survive if they don't make money. Some people go as far as saying profit is nasty dirty word and the government should "do something".

The goal of most modern American business is to NOT SPEND money.
Making money is a secondary, at best, concern.
Everybody know that most big businesses would rather fold than invest the money it takes to build a reputation and make a sustainable profit.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

"Everybody"? That may be your opinion and it fits the mold of GM via the press......

OK, maybe "everybody" doesn't know that yet.
Ya. My opinions, and I stick by 'em.
grin2.gif

Well, fwiw, I'd say you're pretty much right. The market generates the receivable side of the equation. The only control the producer/vendor has is keeping the greenbacks in a death grip until they beg for mercy and release.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Matrix Formula MX4 Full Synthetic 5W-30

Vis @ 40 °C: 50.0 cSt
Vis @ 100 °C: 8.0 cSt
Viscosity Index: 145
Zinc, %wt: 0.0845
Phosphorus, %wt: 0.0768
Flash COC: 405 °F
TBN (min): 7.0

Oh yeah. Amsoil ain't got nothin' on this...
lol.gif

A bit O/T....but that's NOT a 30-weight oil right there, it's a 20-weight. If they're marketing this as a 30-weight, they've got other problems besides trying to sell their products....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back