What is your favorite automobile emblem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The classic hood ornamnets were very nice. On current makes I like the Acura A (kind of looks like Star Trek), the Corvette, updated Caddy logo and Lincoln. The exotic German and Italian emblems are also nice.

Out of the three in the OPs message I would prefer the Ford. The Chevy is OK but I personally can not stand the fact that it is gold. I think it really looks cheap and tacky, IMHO. The Ram looks good on the really big Dodge trucks.

b3_swedflaglo.jpg

Originally Posted By: ocrstar
emblemblack.jpg

Gotta say, that's mine, too. I can't tell you how many Bimmers I see with cracked or faded emblems. I just want to pull over the drivers and tell them to spring for the 20 or so bucks to buy a new one. They are such a nice emblem.

Originally Posted By: Cardinal49
The classic hood ornamnets were very nice. On current makes I like the Acura A

The Acura "A" is just a Honda "H" with the top pinched together. Its rather clever in that regard, but underwhelming in appearance IMO. The Japanese never have been very innovative with emblems.

Nobody's a fan of the Daewoo jock strap?
33.gif

Wholesale_and_retail_high_quality_auto_badge_for_Daewoo_F_R_Emblem_CDA_DW001.summ.jpg

I like the current Cadillac V series emblems, simple but looks sharp, matches the current body styling.
V-series_emblem_1.jpg

I've always liked Toyota's 4wd emblems also
100_3676.JPG

7543090K00.jpg

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Nobody's a fan of the Daewoo jock strap?
33.gif

Wholesale_and_retail_high_quality_auto_badge_for_Daewoo_F_R_Emblem_CDA_DW001.summ.jpg

I've always pictured that as alien eyeballs. I bet the jockstrap will now be forever burned in my brain.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Originally Posted By: Cardinal49
The classic hood ornamnets were very nice. On current makes I like the Acura A

The Acura "A" is just a Honda "H" with the top pinched together. Its rather clever in that regard, but underwhelming in appearance IMO. The Japanese never have been very innovative with emblems.

Many of the Japanese makes didn't even have emblems until a few years ago. Toyota, Mazda and Nissan all just have their names in a specialized font. I was surprised to see that Honda had the "H" from the beginning.

I agree that most are pretty lame. Hyundai(I know it is Korean) looks like a crooked Honda H, Toyota, Lexus, Nissan and Mazda are boring (I always thought Mazda's was a bird. It is suppossed to be an "M". You really need to use your imagination to see that). I think Acura's has a little more style and has that futuristic Star Trek look going for it.

It seems like the emblems have been getting bigger over the past few years. In some cases, grills and trunk lids look like they were designed around the emblem. I guess it is an effective form of branding and marketing.

Remember 20-30 years ago when all cars had hood ornaments. There were some nice ones but many were cheap and tacky. As I kid I though they were supposed to be used like a gun sight to keep you centered in the lane.

Oh yeah, I can remember playing with the big Buick ornament on our 82 LeSabre. It was attached by a spring loaded cable or something so it was fun to slap at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back