Luvin' the tcw3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the mmo thread is over, what have you guys experienced with tcw3? With my oil burner (bad valve seals) plugs come out cleaner and take longer to become fouled. And blue Supertech tcw3 stained the [censored] out of one of my favortie white shirts
frown.gif

Smoother idle. I can tell immediately that my car is not running right if I fill it without adding a dose of TC-W3.

I get more fuel mileage when I use TC-W3.

The exhaust smells funny when I use it.

Those are my observations.

Yeah, I switched from tcw3 to mmo when my a/c broke. The exhaust stunk with tcw3 and smelled great with mmo. Now my a/c works again so..

It's ashless 2-cycle oil.

I've actually bought some last night, and it's sitting on my desk as I type. In another thread, chevrofreak mentioning something about it increasing combustion temperature, and I'm not feeling comfortable enough to use it at the moment to be honest. Call me sceptical, but I'm worried about it burning too hot to cause scorching.

The other thread crashed and burned faster than you can say "Cash 4 Clunkers" but I don't understand why everybody got so scared so quickly without any real proof presented, after raving about MMO for so long
54.gif

While TC-W3 is probably very good (haven't tried it yet), I thought about what others said about MMO before the thread got locked up and I'm going to use it, at least during winter. I probably will give TC-W3 a shot too.

If you are using 2 cycle oil at a strong enough ratio that you can smell it, you are using too much. I use it from time to time and it does work, I can actually feel it in the butt dyno. I've posted about this before. Basically functions as a top end lube/oil seal at the rings.

At 400 or 500:1, I would not worry about increased combustion temperatures at all.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
If you are using 2 cycle oil at a strong enough ratio that you can smell it, you are using too much. I use it from time to time and it does work, I can actually feel it in the butt dyno. I've posted about this before. Basically functions as a top end lube/oil seal at the rings.

At 400 or 500:1, I would not worry about increased combustion temperatures at all.

I agree with Pablo. I'm using it in all of our vehicles now, at approx 400:1. Idle is quieter and smoother. Most notably, in my hybrid Camry, it's harder to tell when the ICE starts (these cars have no traditional "starter" -- the smaller motor-generator spins the engine up to about 1k rpm, then the ECU adds fuel and spark). Usually, you feel/hear a little rumble before the ICE lights off, and it you back off a tad, you can abort many ICE starts. Harder to feel now. I'm getting slightly better mpgs too. Engine sounds smoother across the range. I have an interstate on-ramp that I drive every time I go home from work. Unless there's traffic, I typically go WOT just for the fun of it. Engine sounds better doing this as well. I'll keep using it.

I run between 640:1 and 500:1

The "funny smell" just smells like the car isn't running on gasoline. It smells like I'm running ethanol or something.

I wasn't meaning the tcw3 was at fault for my exhaust smell. It's a no emissions control old truck.It stank like it normally does. The mmo DEFENITELY made the exhaust smell good.
Oh, and I run 1oz/5gallons. I would run mmo if I thought it worked better. I have no emissions components concerns

Last edited:
I just pulled the plugs in my truck after about 1000 miles of mmo use in my truck. They all had a fairly thick ashey grey-white build up on them. Not lean whiteness. I did NOT have this with the tcw3 before. Do y'all think this nmight be due to the phosphorus in MMO?

Originally Posted By: 72customdeluxe
I just pulled the plugs in my truck after about 1000 miles of mmo use in my truck. They all had a fairly thick ashey grey-white build up on them. Not lean whiteness. I did NOT have this with the tcw3 before. Do y'all think this nmight be due to the phosphorus in MMO?

Can you post a picture of your spark plugs.

How much MMO were you using in the gas.

Don't have any pics. I did clean them off and will pull them again soon. I filled the tank and started back with tcw3 today. I was using the bottle-recommended 4oz/10gal. I think that may have been a bit too much. It was really strong in the exhaust smell.

Don't have any pics. I did clean them off and will pull them again soon. I filled the tank and started back with tcw3 today. I was using the bottle-recommended 4oz/10gal. I think that may have been a bit too much. It was really strong in the exhaust smell.

I had to dose down too 3 ounces of MMO to 10 gallons of gas, I got 1 m.p.g. better gas mileage doing it this way. I feel it is better to underdose sometimes, but we all will find what works best for us.

The reason I started mmo to begin with was to lesson (or cover up) the exhaust stink on my clothes when my a/c was broke, so I never really experimented with it. Plus the fact that the odometer and fuel gauge are just suggestions on my truck. It had bigger than stock (31vs. 28.5) tires until last week, so...

The reason I started mmo to begin with was to lesson (or cover up) the exhaust stink on my clothes when my a/c was broke, so I never really experimented with it. Plus the fact that the odometer and fuel gauge are just suggestions on my truck. It had bigger than stock (31vs. 28.5) tires until last week, so...

Do you have a Turbo 350 transmission in there, I saw you wrote it had a 350 drivetrain, just curious.

Yup, stock th350, 350 engine too. 3.73 gears. Some people just say 350/350 like me

I have 373,000 miles on my Turbo 350, as long as they do not overheat, they just keep going, I hope.

I've had the truck since february. So far i've drained the pan (2.5 quarts) twice to get more new fluid in it thanjust changing it once. Used type F non friction modifier atf for harder shifts. That should also extend the clutch life.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
The other thread crashed and burned faster than you can say "Cash 4 Clunkers" but I don't understand why everybody got so scared so quickly without any real proof presented, after raving about MMO for so long
54.gif

While TC-W3 is probably very good (haven't tried it yet), I thought about what others said about MMO before the thread got locked up and I'm going to use it, at least during winter. I probably will give TC-W3 a shot too.

Bingo-I commented about my MMO feelings in the oil additive section. IMO nothing has changed based on a report, that only a select few can actually read. Both TC-W3 and MMO work very well in the gas. TC-W3 is pretty strong stuff and can foul plugs a little easier than MMO, in fact even at a qt+ in a 20 gallon tank MMO didn't foul plugs, I wouldn't dare try that with TC-W3.

I have about 2 gallons of TC-W3 and will be testing it shortly, used in the proper dose ~2 ounces for 10 gallons of gas it should work just fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back