140,000 miles on Mobil 1, a few undercover pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Originally Posted By: SAJEFFC
Geeze guys give him a break. He's merely showing that M1 has worked well for him. That does NOT mean that some other oil (insert your fav here) would not have done the same thing. The OP never said that M1 was the only one that could acheive these results. By all means someone please post pics of an engine using some other brand, we all love pics! Those of us that like and use M1 like to see the results as I'm sure you PP or Amsoil or whatever users would too. Ok...off my soapbox now.
cool.gif

+1

Excellent post!

X2

You get murdered for posting pictures of a clean engine and what oil it was run on. This board really sucks sometimes.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
No I agree, thought about trying RL myself. I just thought it was funny how everyone that doesn't use M1 got defensive and said their favorite brand would do the same...I'm sure it would.

You caught the unedited version of my post. I thought your post was spot on.
cheers3.gif

Thanks.
blush.gif
Now beers all around on me!!
cheers3.gif
grin2.gif

I run PP in the Mustang and plan to eventually make the move to RedLine. I've had good long term results with M1 in several engines, but I am far from a kool-aid drinker. Yes, the sequence IVA claims concern me a bit.

No I agree, thought about trying RL myself. I just thought it was funny how everyone that doesn't use M1 got defensive and said their favorite brand would do the same...I'm sure it would.

But the Mobil 1 people would not beleive that for a sec.

ONLY Mobil 1!!!
crackmeup2.gif

says u Kool-aid man....

I run PP in the Mustang and plan to eventually make the move to RedLine. I've had good long term results with M1 in several engines, but I am far from a kool-aid drinker. Yes, the sequence IVA claims concern me a bit.

But the Mobil 1 people would not beleive that for a sec.

ONLY Mobil 1!!!
crackmeup2.gif

That's kinda the sub-text I brought to the surface. Those who want to assign this fantastic result to M1 will ONLY see it being an M1 feature. I think it's been boldly proclaimed.

This is more due to the maintenance interval and the service that the engine saw than it had to do with M1. I attempted to show that with dnewton3's engine that used no particular oil and did 5k OCI's over unremarkable service of (probably common) rural/suburban daily driving.

So are we showing a really clean engine? Yes. What are we attributing it to? M1? The owner? The service? Any one element could have altered the scenario.

Would it have been the same if he had gotten his money's worth out of M1 compared to the cost of a lesser synth or a conventional as it would have probably extended the service further.

I swear by M1. I still think it's a great product and surely the best line of products in such vast distribution on the planet. All of my cars used it up until I got my 92 Caravan. My mother's 2.8 carb'd Citation used it for 210k without tick from the engine for ONE YEAR OCI's with filter changes every 3months. We gave it away due to UV dash damage and a shot headliner. She put on about 20k+/-/year.

Was that engine clean? Nope. Not at all.

Originally Posted By: Loobed

That is truly amazing and unbelievable. And I emphasize "unbelievable." I am not calling you a liar, but I have never seen an engine that clean (on the top end) unless it was almost new. I have also never seen an engine run almost completely on synthetic so that may be why I find it unbelievable.

The last engine I had that allowed a really nice, clear view into the engine through the oil filler was my 88 Civic, which I owned for ten years, and a bit over 150k miles. Except for one change on dino oil in its later years, it got only M1, mostly 5w-30, but a couple tries of 10w-30. All you could see on the surface of the head, and the visible valve hardware, was clean silvery bare metal. There was not even a hint of varnish -- none. Believe.

The passenger side camshaft on my car`s engine (that`s the one that`s exposed when you take off the oil fill cap) is so clean and shiny that you can see your reflection in it. I used M1 15W50 for about 4 years,then tried a few different oils. My next oci I`m going back to synth. I`ll probably alternate between M1 15W50 and RP 15W40 to keep from getting bored :^P

Originally Posted By: badtlc
So M1 is superior because an engine looks like any well-maintained engine should?

Of course!! Have you ever seen any other engine running "the competitors product" ever look that clean? I think not!! Only Mobile Alabama One can do that!! All hail M1!! All glory to the hypnotoad!

How did you manage to get 140,000 miles out of your engine using Mobil 1 with all that iron wear? Common now, tell us the truth. That is a new engine you've got in there isn't it?
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: brian12
That is a new engine you've got in there isn't it?
LOL.gif

If it was you would be be seeing an extra camshaft in those pics.
wink.gif

I've been wanting to do a 5.4 4V swap to spank a few Tundras and Hemis with.
grin2.gif

How did you manage to get 140,000 miles out of your engine using Mobil 1 with all that iron wear? Common now, tell us the truth. That is a new engine you've got in there isn't it?
LOL.gif

Hey, nobody said mediocrity was inadequate
thumbsup2.gif

That is a new engine you've got in there isn't it?
LOL.gif

If it was you would be be seeing an extra camshaft in those pics.
wink.gif

I've been wanting to do a 5.4 4V swap to spank a few Tundras and Hemis with.
grin2.gif

Just do a JLP motor and Kenne Bell 2.6
20.gif

I'd rather do a 5.4 4V with basic bolt ons and 96-01 Cobra cams. Should be good for ~350 at the wheels on motor through the auto and I can slap a Whipple 3.4/4.0 or Twins onto it down the road.

I'd rather do a 5.4 4V with basic bolt ons and 96-01 Cobra cams. Should be good for ~350 at the wheels on motor through the auto and I can slap a Whipple 3.4/4.0 or Twins onto it down the road.

That'd work
grin2.gif
Lot's of potential with the mod motors.

Do the 96-01 Cobras have more cam than the 03-04 Cobras?

Yes, about 16 degrees more duration (184 vs 200) on the intake cam, same exhaust cam. The 4Vs also prefer an intake biased cam grind, which the older Cobra cams provide. The 03+ 4Vs (including the Cobra) got the better flowing cylinder heads though

Originally Posted By: aztec12
It sure makes me want to try Mobil1 for sure
it looks brand new!!

+1
Does anybody here think that Motorcraft 5w20 full synthetic can do the same thing with reasonable miles 0CI's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back