You need a business license to sell lemonade in CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
California city shuts down girl's lemonade stand
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/251/story/73160.html

Hoping to raise money for a family trip to Disneyland, the Tulare girl opened a lemonade stand Monday. But because Daniela didn't have a business license, the city of Tulare shut it down the same day.

CA is really cracking down on those dreaded lawbreakers! Good job Mr Garcia for embarrassing yourself beyond belief to shut down an 8 year old girls' lemonade stand.

Would this lemonade stand been shut down 100 years ago? 50 years ago? 30 years ago? Doubt it....

wow, I can see it happening in tulare, I have been there while visting the sequoia park.
there are many laws in our books we don't enforce,
time for the city to lawoff some enforcement agents. too much and not enough work :)

Although I don't agree with them getting shut down I do have to point out the City of Tulare shut them down for no business license, not the State of California.

I know its not nearly as much fun to poke fun at Tulare as it is the state but maybe a couple of portagee jokes would be as much fun.

side note: Tulare Co. is one of the poorest areas in the US, it has a very high population of farm labor.

Originally Posted By: John_K
20 illegals probably walked by while they were shutting her down.

John
crackmeup2.gif

That would be illegal here, too, without a business license, a food vendor's license, and regular inspections.

Anything not mandatory is prohibited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back