Post pictures of your car's engine compartment

Status
Not open for further replies.
P1010281.jpg

2007 VW Rabbit. Yes, it's a 5 cylinder. 10,500 miles.

Originally Posted By: 4banga
Originally Posted By: slugsgomoo
here's a pic mocking up the new setup in the Galant to check clearance with the new manifolds & turbo.

manifolds_wuuuut.JPG

motor is coming back out so that I can do some tidying up (removing 4WS & ABS, among other things) and there are some other minor housekeeping tasks to be done as well.

Already deleted a/c so that I could put the radiator up where the condenser went.

looks good so far, how much power are you aiming for?

pic of my evo before i pulled it apart for a full rebuild
Picture032_1.jpg

a few weeks ago

Picture265.jpg

now

Picture471.jpg

is that an evo 3? Hard to tell from the pics.

I'm not sure yet. I'd like to be north of 525 on 92 octane unleaded and somewhere in the low 700 range on boost alone with a good fuel like VP Q16 or C16.

We'll see what actually happens though! :D

Originally Posted By: RippyMan
IMG_1512_small.jpg

1991 Toyota Corolla 4AFE

F100_8-05_3_small.jpg

1983 Ford F100 300ci inline six. It's gone now, because it was such a money pit. But that engine was sure cool to look at, and it had a nice roar to it.

Wow, I thought oil filter was easy to get at in my 03 4-banger tracker... I guess an inline engine in a full size truck engine bay leaves lots of room! I still change my filter from the top but not that easy.

Heres my 2001 Ford F250 with the 6.8L V10.

This is with the airbox, plumbing, and throttle body removed. Getting ready for a cleaning. (the only way to clean the throttle body fully)

I will post a pic of the LS's engine tomorrow.

picture008y.jpg

v7 JDM STi swapped 2003 Subaru WRX, with a rotated mount ball bearing turbo. It has undergone some large changes since this pic was taken.

25tuk3c.jpg

Last edited:
1986 Mercury Capri with a 2.3L OHC engine that I have modified. This is an old picture taken shortly after the conversion. It had a horrible 1 barrel feedback carb on it and a computer system that was an absolute disaster. It now has a Holley/Weber/Motorcraft 5200 2 barrel carb and a Duraspark/MSD ignition on it. Runs a heck of a lot better now.
Engine photo

Last edited:
I liked this thread, so I decided to breathe some life back into it.

Here's the Camry Hybrid's engine room:
2009_07_25_IMG_1106.JPG

And here's the one item in there that you don't see in conventional cars, the inverter unit.
All the internet mythology aside,
the only thing that's really different about
working with this car is that you
don't mess with the orange things --
especially if the car is ON.
I assume the reason is fairly obvious...
2009_07_25_IMG_1107.JPG

Now, can any of you see what TWO things
that are almost always under the hood
of a modern conventional car are
missing from this one?

Last edited:
Here's my '79 Coupe Deville at a recent car show. Currently with 9,000+ miles. Engine is a 425 c.i., last of the big block Caddy engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back