2005 Nissan Titan Mobil 1 5w30 6500 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobil One truck and suv forumla.

I have 71k on the engine now. Mobil 1 has been good and seems to wear well. I know others like the PP for this engine. Here are 3 UOA's. I am now going 8k between changes with no problem. Also use a Mobil 1 filter. Engine runs cool and like a top.

Last edited:
my dad has an 04 Titan and his mechanic always changes his oil, I dont know what brand he uses however I do know its always full synthetic

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
You've got a trend going there. I'll guess you'll dare it.

Regardless of any trend, I'll bet you $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 this engine will last over 200k miles at this rate of wear, and there is a strong chance the above poster will not have the car at that point.

Sometimes people dig a little too deep into UOA's. When this car is driven to the scrap heap...a few PPM here and there isn't going to make a [censored] bit of difference.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: daman
Still a 30w with some fuel,looks good to me,keep going with it. I would check your air filter tho.

No need for that. I have a K&N FIPK intake system. I wash and re oil the filter every 10k.

Originally Posted By: coachditka
Still a 30w with some fuel,looks good to me,keep going with it. I would check your air filter tho.

No need for that. I have a K&N FIPK intake system. I wash and re oil the filter every 10k.

That's too often, even K&N tells you to do it only every 30k or so. Also, even with 50k on it, its not going to be much of a restriction, and it will filter better, and less oil will sling off of it.

I guess I was vague. My intention was to assert that the OP is using UOAs properly, i.e., as a trending tool.

I was a bit jumpy yesterday. This darn board won't let you edit your posts after an hour...anyways, ignore me :p

Originally Posted By: pzev

I guess I was vague. My intention was to assert that the OP is using UOAs properly, i.e., as a trending tool.

I was a bit jumpy yesterday. This darn board won't let you edit your posts after an hour...anyways, ignore me :p

Don't sweat it.

Originally Posted By: coachditka

K&N huh?? thats explains it,the ol stone catchers work'en for ya.

15.gif

Yeah, they do better once they get some miles on them. They capture more dirt. I'd definitely not clean it so often, like others have said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back