CT Filters - New versus Old - We have a winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Being that its from China, and a company that cannot seem to translate their own website well.... I'd be questioning the quality of the media, bypass, ADBV...etc. Even if they LOOK good.

Then again, now that I've started using the Donaldson and Fleetguard glass media filters, I don't think I'd ever use anything else.
I would be hard pressed to switch from my EAO, even if some of them are made in Mexico. But it's nice to know that an "off the shelf" filter at CTC is pretty well made if you need one in a pinch, or as an alternative to Fram Orange Cans.

Quote:
Our products are the inspection-free ones.

There is your good old Chinese QC again.....:)

I went to CT and purchase the new MPH6607. Some of the filters have warped gaskets (or not properly installed). When the filter stands, you can wiggle it from side to side. These MPH6607 is priced at $5.93 each. I must agree they are "inspection-free ones". What a honest Chinese manufacturer!

Originally Posted By: Carzzz
Quote:
Our products are the inspection-free ones.

There is your good old Chinese QC again.....:)

I went to CT and purchase the new MPH6607. Some of the filters have warped gaskets (or not properly installed). When the filter stands, you can wiggle it from side to side. These MPH6607 is priced at $5.93 each. I must agree they are "inspection-free ones". What a honest Chinese manufacturer!

I guess they must be manufactured to meet CT's specifications. Otherwise, CT, being an honest Canadian business, would refuse to sell them in the stores.

Does CT *inspect* the products they import from China? Or, is CT also an *inspection free* company that simply moves merchandises from China to Canada without any sort of QC?

In terms of low quality products available in a Canadian store, I'd say both the importer, ie, CT in this case, and the exporter, ie. China, should be held accountable. Pointing fingers only at China doesn't sound fair to me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: iExcel
I guess they must be manufactured to meet CT's specifications. Otherwise, CT, being an honest Canadian business, would refuse to sell them in the stores.

Does CT *inspect* the products they import from China? Or, is CT also an *inspection free* company that simply moves merchandises from China to Canada without any sort of QC?

In terms of low quality products available in a Canadian store, I'd say both the importer, ie, CT in this case, and the exporter, ie. China, should be held accountable. Pointing fingers only at China doesn't sound fair to me.

I have been saying this for a long time!
thumbsup2.gif

What you guys missed on their website is which companies they manufacture OEM filters for. Actually we've had no issues with the new filters since they were introduced, something that could not be said what about those we got from Fram.

Nice Stevie!! I've been eyeballing those filters since they came out. Unfortunately they don't make one for the subie H4 since they carry the QS purolator clone for that engine. Might use them on my dads Saturn when we run out of the PF53's that we recently bought.

bought a luberfiner airfilter for my dodge at my local part store would not fit right. took it back got my money back and bought a ct air filter made in china and it fits perfectly aslo noticed on box nothing about covering mft. warranty.i have bought an excel oil filter for my dodge off my mechanic. he sells them for 2.50 cdn. made in china iso approved.he also had filters for ecotech gm 4 cylinder by excel i looked at them they looked quite good.anyhow my mechanic swears by these filters i will give them a try.

Thanks for doing this. I usually don't even stop in the oil filter section at Canadian Tires since they are a wall of Frams (execept for the white Quaker States). But, these caught my eye one day and when I picked one up and flipped it around, I immediately knew CT had a new supplier. I think I will try one on my next oil change.

BTW, it looks like NAPA is carrying these filters now too. The new NAPA filters are shrink-wrapped and made in China. They look exactly like the new shrink-wrapped CT filters.

By my eye, the new louvered core looked very restrictive compared to the hole-punch core of the old NAPA & Napa Gold filters.

Actually they aren't they just look like it, once one cuts one apart you realize it's got more to do with angle the holes are cut on, they're no smaller than what the Fram of the same part number has.

Quote:

CTCQC inspector: "CTC logo?", "Check", "next filter!", repeat. =-)

Alex.

Originally Posted By: GMGuy
Quote:

CTCQC inspector: "CTC logo?", "Check", "next filter!", repeat. =-)

Alex.

LOL.gif

I went to the 2 closest CTs and they are restocking the fram again... How's your area? Anyone tried the non-fram motomaster filter?

Yep, I have one of these new Chinese made Motomaster filters on my wife's Civic right now actually.

I went to the 2 closest CTs and they are restocking the fram again... How's your area? Anyone tried the non-fram motomaster filter?
They must have had old stock somewhere.. More and more filters on the shelf of my CTC are being replaced with these new Chinese made filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back