Turtle Wax Ice....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with this stuff, doesn't seem to dry, is streaky yet rain water falls off it.
I didn't purchase any, just tried a small amount of both from a friend. I hated the clear stuff but the paste Ice at least seemed to dry and came off a little better.

I tried it and didn't like it at all. There are better products for less money too. The left over product I have I use on the black plastic rubber surfaces on the car, just to use it up.

AD

Originally Posted By: FiremarshalRob
Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time or money on it.

Try some others: 3M, Mothers, Meg's, Collinite.

+1 Ice was total garbage IMO. Unless they totally reformulated it I wouldn't go near the stuff!

I was just asking about the ICE >I'm a Mequiar's M21 faaaag, a great long lasting 'wet-look' product it is.

Last edited:
I love ICE. You have to learn how to use it. For one thing, ICE works best on a good paint job. If your paint is really oxidized then get a good cleaner wax. Also, do not put ICE on too thick or it will be streaky. What I like about it is is drys with NO residue what so ever. You can use it on most all surfaces of your car too including the trim. Plus ICE is easy to use.

I tried it, have used many products and know how to detail a car. I didn't like it. YMMV

AD

Standard over the counter product from a floundering brand name. You can certainly do better even with other over the counter products if that's what you prefer.

There are SO many other products avilable that are inexpensive and simply bury the Turtle Wax stuff. Duragloss comes to mind and has been written about here quite a bit. You can surely do better.

It'd make good hair gel
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Standard over the counter product from a floundering brand name. You can certainly do better even with other over the counter products if that's what you prefer.

There are SO many other products avilable that are inexpensive and simply bury the Turtle Wax stuff. Duragloss comes to mind and has been written about here quite a bit. You can surely do better.

Absolutely correct. I'd be willing to bet Duragloss kicks its a$$ in both looks and durability. I won't even go into how much superior Zaino is. I just can't see wasting any money on any TW waxes or polishes (except for their chrome polish and their car wash, I do like those).

Last edited:
I bought Turtle Wax ICE at the beginning of summer and have used it 4 times. I don't like it at all. It is so hard to get it off the vehicle. I am using the clear liquid. I have tried using only a thin layer, a thick layer, in the shade, and in the sun. All four times, it is a pain in the butt to get it off the vehicle. My arms are usually dead when I'm done and I have to keep a cloth with me for the next few days because everytime I get in or out, I will find another place where it didn't come off... despite my best efforts.

Also, I don't notice any better shine using the ICE polish than I do when I just use Mother's Cleaner Wax. This last time, I used the Cleaner Wax, then I put the ICE polish on over the wax. It shined very well, but not any better than the Mother's wax all by itself. Also, the Mother's wax goes on and comes off so much easier.

I truly regret the nearly $20 that ICE set me back.

My father tried it, had the same complaints as you and took them up on their satisfaction guarantee. He used it on mint dark blue van, and you could see almost a rainbow haze in certain light. He did it in a cool garage out of the sun, it didn't last either. He got his money back from Turtle Wax. Sucks when the little guy gets burnt buying junk that doesn't work. More people should take advantage of satisfaction guarantees if they are truly not satisfied with a product.

As I mentioned above I tried it too, looking to aggravate myself I guess, I didn't like it either.

AD

If I have Mother's Cleaner Wax and the ICE polish, If I choose to try the ICE polish yet again, what order should I use the products in.

Should I use the ICE polish followed by the cleaner Wax??

Also, I am using Armor All Ultimate Shine Car Wash.

Wish I had an answer for you, I'd steer clear of Ice all together. Work with the Mother's products.

AD

Originally Posted By: 360kid
If I have Mother's Cleaner Wax and the ICE polish, If I choose to try the ICE polish yet again, what order should I use the products in.

Since the Mothers product has the cleaning/polishing action, use it first. Top it with the ICE product if you want.

Or, if it's protection and shine you want, buy some Mothers carnauba paste wax (without the cleaner) and use that. It's easy to use, leaves a very nice shine and will add to the protection.

Throw them in the trash, no particular order is required. Purchase better products.

It depends on how good your paint surface is. If you have a new or fairly new car, ICE will work good. If the paint surface feels a little rough when you slid your hand over it, I would clay bar it first, then apply ICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back