Supertech oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: oilchangeguy
What are they equivalent to in quality? Wix, Purolator, Bosch?
thanks

I used to think they were closer to the bottom of the litter, just above Fram in quality. With a few other brands cheapening and downsizing their filters, I would now say the ST filters are average.

I must admit, after reading Bill in Utah's and G-MAN's posts my opinion of the ST has risen recently. I still favor Purolator products including the Motorcraft. That said, I'd favor the ST over Fram (extra guard) by a greater margin.

Read this thread here (including Bill's pg 2 links) and it may help you make up your own mind. Right now I prefer the 6mo. OCI, with no worries.

Now with the ST starting at about $2.80, if I can buy a small quantity of Pure Ones for close, it's no contest.

HTH.
J

thanks

Far from it,,there equivalent to a Supertech.
37.gif

Originally Posted By: daman
thanks

37.gif

You're clueless Daman. Supertechs are built by Champion Labs, the same company that builds K&N and your beloved Mobil 1 filters.

THE ONLY difference between a Supertech, AC Delco, or STP and the premium champ filters are the ADBV and the filter media. Everything else is identical. Cut one open FOR YOURSELF (don't rely on other people's bull [censored] to spew your non-sense) and see.

They seem to do just fine....

My brother is running one in his Caliber, And a co worker runs them in his 04 Neon with no issues at all.

That being said, I would not run a ST longer than 5k, just to be safe...

I liked them. I just wish they had stayed $2.02.

I liked AATG ..when it was bogo.

I still like MC @ $3.5x

As long as it's for a 3-5k oci. Much above that, I go up scale.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
thanks

37.gif

You're clueless Daman. Supertechs are built by Champion Labs, the same company that builds K&N and your beloved Mobil 1 filters.

THE ONLY difference between a Supertech, AC Delco, or STP and the premium champ filters are the ADBV and the filter media. Everything else is identical. Cut one open FOR YOURSELF (don't rely on other people's bull [censored] to spew your non-sense) and see.

Far from clueless Drew,,i have 10 cut open(e-core)in the shop next to my real filters and mine are scrap!, someone wants to use them go for it but not for me for my own reasons. to each there own.

Oh and do some digging before YOU spew your non-sense and you'll see i HAVE open my own,brother
smirk2.gif

Well, I've yet to see media breaches in an Ecore. I think people really don't understand the fabric end cap and attribute too much to it being not attached to their liking. You could throw in a totally divorced gasket and, as long as it did not move, it would be fine. I've yet to see an Ecore fabric end cap that wasn't in place.
21.gif

I like the unique design of this filter. I wish it had broader outlets than the discount shelf and offered more tiers of finer filtration.

thanks

37.gif

Far from clueless Drew,,i have 10 cut open(e-core)in the shop next to my real filters and mine are scrap!, someone wants to use them go for it but not for me for my own reasons. to each there own.

Oh and do some digging before YOU spew your non-sense and you'll see i HAVE open my own,brother
smirk2.gif

You bought 10 Supertechs just to prove to yourself that you think they are scrap?

You've posted NOTHING that substantiates your claims. Unlike Bill, and others, who have proven the E-Core design to be built very sturdy.

Once again, you're too set in your "expensive is better" ways to realize that VERY expensive cartridge filters for high end vehicles like Mercedes, use a filter construction that's essentially identical to an E-Core.

I can't even rip the end caps off an E-Core without using pliers. Do you want them to be soldered on with gold plating or something?

Would you consider an EC-Delco from the stealership for $6 bucks a pop (identical construction to a Supertech, save for the media) a bad filter?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I wish it had broader outlets than the discount shelf and offered more tiers of finer filtration.

Hey Gary, STPs and AC Delcos from Autozone are all E-Core.

thanks

37.gif

smirk2.gif

You bought 10 Supertechs just to prove to yourself that you think they are scrap?

You've posted NOTHING that substantiates your claims. Unlike Bill, and others, who have proven the E-Core design to be built very sturdy.

Once again, you're too set in your "expensive is better" ways to realize that VERY expensive cartridge filters for high end vehicles like Mercedes, use a filter construction that's essentially identical to an E-Core.

I can't even rip the end caps off an E-Core without using pliers. Do you want them to be soldered on with gold plating or something?

Would you consider an EC-Delco from the stealership for $6 bucks a pop (identical construction to a Supertech, save for the media) a bad filter?

Again.....dig back you'll see i did post a pic(not mine,saved me time)pointing out my issues.

and heck no i didn't buy 10 u must be crazy
wink.gif
LOL.gif
,there from family members.

Exactly! That pic wasn't yours, and you pointed out "what you thought" was some whack theory that the glue wasn't good or something? Please!

And I'll save mori the time here: THEY'RE, not there.
crackmeup2.gif

I'll have a Supertech E-Core ready for inspection here shortly off my Dad's truck. I'll be SURE to post some pics so you can point out the defects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back