Amsoil ASL 5W30, 8429 miles, Chevy Trailblazer 4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
364626359.jpg

This is the wife's vehicle. 90% of mileage is short trips less than 10 miles per trip. Air and oil filters are Amsoil . Fuel additive at every fill, 50/50 FP Plus and Bio-Plus fuel injector cleaner.
Any comments or suggestions?

Looks good to me. When you changed the oil, did the Oil Life Monitor say it was due?

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Looks good to me. When you changed the oil, did the Oil Life Monitor say it was due?

This truck doesn't have what I would call an OLM, just comes up change oil, no percentage number. I don't keep track when I reset because you can't tell if it's reset unless the change oil light is on.

Originally Posted By: hd2002
Originally Posted By: The Critic

This truck doesn't have what I would call an OLM, just comes up change oil, no percentage number. I don't keep track when I reset because you can't tell if it's reset unless the change oil light is on.
]
That is the oil life monitor. On some models, it shows a % remaining in the Driver Info Center, but on other models a "change oil" light simply appears when it's due. It's functionality is the same though.

What was in use on #2? It had a good dose of boron.

She must do some serious short trip usage. Over 8k in 8 months (if I'm reading it correctly). That's not far off of my wife's current pace of 15k with a 50 mile per day round trip commute.

Looks good to me. I wonder if they lowered the B? Nice dose of Ca in their oils.

Looks real good to me but I don't understand the Oxidation and Nitration numbers. Are those high numbers bad?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

She must do some serious short trip usage. Over 8k in 8 months (if I'm reading it correctly). That's not far off of my wife's current pace of 15k with a 50 mile per day round trip commute.

#2 was ASL.
8K in 1 year. She goes to work,gym and running errands.

Originally Posted By: GMFan
The 4.2L inline 6 was one of GM's better motors.
wink.gif

So far this one has had no issues with motor.

Originally Posted By: hd2002
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

#2 was ASL.
8K in 1 year. She goes to work,gym and running errands.

LOL.gif
sorry..brain glitch (it happens)
LOL.gif

Yeah ..that's short trip extreme. I saw about that with our third vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back