Toyota Resale Values Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but add my $.02

Check out the Toyota racing team's tow rig:

Chevy%20Pulls%20Toyota.gif

LOL.gif

Also, after reading all this poo, my '03 F150 ex cab 5.4L is rated to pull 8K lbs.

Either way, I drive/like Fords. I still think Toyota builds a great truck, as does Dodge and Chebby. The Nissan Titan doesn't really do anything for me, but my bro-inlaw has one and it's nice.

Originally Posted By: smokey1
Hey , even the TALIBAN enjoy TOYOTAs . Haven't seen them driving a SILVERADO as of yet . What's up with that ? :- )

More "bang" for the buck?
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
This is real fun watching this brand loyalty thing being taken to some really extreme level. Thanks for the entertainment
thumbsup2.gif
I can't quite wrap around it, myself. I drive a 2.5 automatic Wrangler. I can't handle ..nor tow, nor accelerate with blinding speed. I'm penalized on the highway and fuel economy is an oxymoron in my case. I guess I can manage a few mud holes and some inclines ..and some things without getting high centered. Not all that much to boast about
21.gif

.....but carry on!!
grin2.gif

35.gif

This is kinda like watching you and Tempest go back and forth.
grin2.gif

35.gif

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Originally Posted By: 3Toyotas

Even guys that have the cummins are having a hard time keeping them running without adding a new exhaust system & stuff. Which i might ad, voids the warranty. Smart.
The cummins is still the only true medium duty diesel engine in a pickup.

WHAT??????
crazy2.gif

Just when I think you can't possibly say something crazier than you already have this pops up. Not sure what you mean by they can't keep them running without adding stuff 1st of all? The Dodge Ram with the Cummins motors run great and they run forever just as they come from the factory. Second adding exhaust does not void your warranty. Adding a Bully Dog or some other kind of tuner does cause some warranty issues but exhaust? Wow!
smirk2.gif

I can't wait to read the other 50 posts past this one to see what pops out of you next? This is more fun than going to the movies...
LOL.gif

The NEW one's buddy. Or maybe you didn't know about the after burner resinator setup burning down trees? New emission compliance stuff on the exhaust? Simply cause they burn so dirty, they need something to burn the excess buildup of carbon in the exhaust. Don't tell me you didn't know about this.
Yeah, if this is ripped out it will void the warranty.

Ripping out the complete exhaust system does not void the warranty? You forgot about the new emission compliance issues buddy. Oh, i forgot you know it all about everything.

Okay, you're right. Whatever you say.

I really don't care how fast my truck is empty; all that does not excite me. Well, maybe once in a great while to blow away that hemi or titan. But what i use my truck for 90% of the time is towing trailers

If you haven't noticed already, i'm more performance minded when towing. When i come to a hill no matter how steep it is, i expect the truck to be able to do the speed limit or more. And i'm telling you, my tundra has not let me down yet. Even our 9k lb horsetrailer hasn't set me back on hills.

Man you are talking yourself in circls in this thread. Which is it? Are you a performance oriented guy or are you a work/towing oriented guy? They are different things entirely and the trucks are set up/designed differently for each use. Man, You are a freakin riot.
LOL.gif
You are twisting and dodging and grasping at evey thing you can to try and pump up the Toyota and tear down the other brands even if you contradict yourself 5 pages later.

You should really go back and copy each of your posts and then paste them onto a word document and read them in sequence. You should get a good chuckle. You sound like a politician running for office as you travel the state/country. You say one thing here then another over here to fit your current stance on something. Did you by any chance ever work for the Clinton administration? I can see you now = "define frame rot?"
LOL.gif

BTW - if you are ever in my neck of the woods stop on bye. We can grab a bite to eat, talk oil, and then my poor pathetic HEMI Ram and your Tundra can have a quick conversation. Blow away a HEMI = HA! I don't even need a new 09 Ram with the more powerful engine and I don't need any modifications( assuming you are stock and are 4WD as well ). I will stay right with you with my 08 QC 5.7L HEMI Ram that is less powerful than your Tundra motor. If you can't drive any better than you can argue this topic I might even beat you.
spankme2.gif

I can't out tow you in my 1500 and I admit it so don't go there and try to change the subject. You said you blow HEMI's away! Well, I have one and I admit I am performance oriented so I am extending the challenge for you to back your words up! You seem to want to say the Tundra is the end all be all and is the king of both work and play with your blowing away of HEMI's, claiming that the new Tundra 5.7L is a match for SRT-10 Rams and Lightnings, saying the Tundra outpulls everythingf rom gassers to diesels, etc.... Let's see it. I realize if you are too far away this can't happen but if not let's do it( just let me break 5K 1st please - only at 4K now ).

You brought up racing so let's see you back it up. Come "blow me away" in my whimpy Big 3 HEMI Ram. And "blow away" means you absolutely bury someone and it is not close. Winning is NOT blowing away. After you race me I want to see you match up to the 09 HEMI Ram and "blow it away" too. Couple guys around here with SRT-1o Rams and Lightnings I am sure would like a word with you as well.

Dude, it is GREAT you like your Tundra. I am sure they are good trucks. However, the Big 3 make GREAT trucks as well. If you are going to say things then at least have them accurate. There are so many comments in this thread by you that are wrong it would take another 20 pages to correct them.

Drive that UGLY ARSE truck and enjoy it but chill out.
cheers3.gif

Like they say; ' opinions are like azzholes, everybody has them and they all stink.'

I can plainly see, you are reading into this thread all wrong my friend. I use my truck for towing 95% of the time; which is what the truck was designed for. And designed for it very well i might ad. So you and your hemoridge go play with the other boys, and have fun with your grocery getter. Okay.

Since you know it all about trucks, then knock yourself out my friend. Speel out all the facts for us then. come on, i'm waiting.

Oh, btw I may have misinterpruted the srt10/lightning post i made. My bad. I beleive it was a thread i read vs. a SC tundra.
Sorry about that.

Someone has to post the facts it sure isn't you. I have posted plenty of facts and they have been accurate. Where are yours? Everytime someone corrects you, you have an excuse( oh, now the Tundra beating the SRT-10 and Lightning's had a SC how convenient for you Mr. Clinton -
smirk2.gif
) and then you just go off to a different rant. You change your mind faster than your undershorts.
LOL.gif
What facts are you looking for? I have NO IDEA what you are trying to prove here? I don't think you or anyone else does either.

My Ram does a [censored] of a lot more than go get groceries too; thanks. I don't need to tow a mountain with it so I have a 1500. If I had bigger loads to haul I would have bought a 2500 or 3500. My truck tows my boat and also hauls stuff( I work new home construction )in addition to providing me some fun behind the wheel. It serves it's purpose very well. Just as I am sure your Tundra does for you. No one has said the Tundra is a bad truck just not the God you are trying to make it out to be.

"So you and your hemoridge go play with the other boys, and have fun with your grocery getter. Okay."

Well, clearly you do not have the conviction of your words nor confidence in your 5.7L Toilet to come and race my 5.7L Hemoridge. LAME my friend very LAME! Way to "dodge the bullet" so to speak by just dismissing my challenge and putting me and my truck down as if we are not worthy.
LOL.gif
Just shwos you are chicken.

That hemi can handle a boat? Wow! now that is impressive.
You can almost tow a boat with a CUV, you surely don't need that big bad hemorage do you?
Why don't you throw that boat behind an 8k lb fifth wheel and go for a spin. No, don't do that you might break that superior transmission in that truck. Oh........ but it's a HEMI. Give me a break man.

Now who's putting whos truck down, and who started saying go ahead and drive your ugly arse truck then? Now who......... was it that started it?

I think you have a hard time facing the facts that your hemi is subpar at best. Nice high quality Chrysler products.hahaha.....What a great reputation they have. Yeah, right.

There's usually a reason why a company almost goes bankrupt. It's because they must give away their product at or below cost in order to sell it. What does that tell you mr. hemi?

It tells me that NOBODY will buy it unless it's a lot less than they're asking; which means in reality that in most peoples eyes it is NOT WORTH THE MONEY. Cheap, subpar, non reliable, less value.

Why in [censored] would i want to come all the way up to BFE to show your sorry [censored] which truck is faster? Tell me..... why?

Ripping out the complete exhaust system does not void the warranty? You forgot about the new emission compliance issues buddy.

It is legal and always has been to modify the exhaust from the cat back. As long as you do not touch anything before or including the cats, you are fine..or if you do, that you use CARB certified parts.

As far as i'm concerned the 09 Hemi, and the 6.2 DC from GM are the closest competitors. Too bad dodge put some car springs under the rear. Then GM only offers the 6.2 to ONE model. Nice job. trying to compete.

Once again you are misinformed. The 6.2L was 1st offered in 2007 in limited Cadillac and GMC models so it was offered in two brand lines( 3 models )the 1st year it was out. Since it debuted in 2007 it has grown in availability and is now offered in all GM lines offering full sized trucks and SUV's...

Current GM 2009 Models w/ Standard/Optional 6.2L:

Chevy Silverado 1500
Chevy Tahoe
GMC Sierra 1500
GMC Sierra Denalli
GMC Yukon Denalli
GMC Yukon XL Denalli
Cadillac Escalade
Cadillac Escalade ESV
Cadillac Escalade EXT
Hummer H2

Not being a smart arse but that sure as heck is more than ONE model. Wasn't even ONE model when it 1st hit the streets.

Exactly, LIMITED MODELS is what i was getting at. The gmc denali AWD CUV truck with a low tow capacity. It was pretty fast though. Certainly more of a grocery getter than anything.

2009 models is not what i was talking about. BTW, aren't most of those models AWD? Aren't most of them in the 40-60k dollar range?
Where's the tow capacity listings? Don't see them on there.

Why exactly has it GROWN in availability? I think it might, just might have something to do with the new toyota 5.7L stealing their thunder. Don't you think? Yeah, i'd say so.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
I for one have not said the Tundra is a bad truck.

I have.
banana2.gif

Gotta love the play-doh chassis.

Now that was a good one. hahahaha

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
This is real fun watching this brand loyalty thing being taken to some really extreme level. Thanks for the entertainment
thumbsup2.gif
I can't quite wrap around it, myself. I drive a 2.5 automatic Wrangler. I can't handle ..nor tow, nor accelerate with blinding speed. I'm penalized on the highway and fuel economy is an oxymoron in my case. I guess I can manage a few mud holes and some inclines ..and some things without getting high centered. Not all that much to boast about
21.gif

.....but carry on!!
grin2.gif

35.gif

Yes Gary, but you can easily swap any motor, transmission, tcase, or axle(s) into that thing, and still call it a Jeep!
thumbsup2.gif

J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

Sweet.

Originally Posted By: mstrjon32
Now that is an awesome picture!

Yeah, it is actually.

TOYOTA

We're here to race!!!

Sweet.

Originally Posted By: brianl703

Ripping out the complete exhaust system does not void the warranty? You forgot about the new emission compliance issues buddy.

It is legal and always has been to modify the exhaust from the cat back. As long as you do not touch anything before or including the cats, you are fine..or if you do, that you use CARB certified parts.

Yeah, i know that. But what is the new resinator looking thing that comes on periodically to burn away the carbon?

I'ts too bad about all the EPA junk they have to do now. All the landcruisers overseas with diesels in them don't have any of that on them, and they go forever.

Yeah, it is actually.

TOYOTA

We're here to race!!!

Sweet.

Too bad they couldn't make it there without the Chevy.
grin2.gif

Yeah, it is actually.

TOYOTA

We're here to race!!!

Sweet.

Too bad they couldn't make it there without the Chevy.
grin2.gif

Barely. Whew!! That was a close one; did you see those EGT's?
Yeah, and the trans temp was getting up there too. Sure glad we made it. Don't know if we'll make it home, but hopefully we will.

hahaha

I'd rebut with "I know you are but what am I" but I don't think they start saying that until at least the third grade.

Can this stupid thread be over?
smirk2.gif

I'd rebut with "I know you are but what am I" but I don't think they start saying that until at least the third grade.

Can this stupid thread be over?
smirk2.gif

Third grade huh?

No, it can't be over. I'm having too much fun with NHHEMI.

Where is he anyway?

Quote:

No, it can't be over. I'm having too much fun with NHHEMI.

It is over. If you choose to continue your debate in another thread, do it in a civil respectful manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back