Filled up on Shell V-Power with Nitrogen this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only paid $2.11/gallon and my old truck is running wonderfully on this batch. Tank is half-empty and the engine is idleing nice and smooth and has plenty of power on hills.

KA426,

Let us know how it does after about 3 weeks of usage if you can. In my area Shell "nitrogen" stuff is going for $2.70/gallon when I can get Arco for $2.07/gallon. No reason to try Shell unless they get their pricing act together.

Durango

I'm currently keeping 1 months worth of records of Shell fuel economy versus my regular CTC fillup (XOM). I will post here too.

No I think only a test market here in Ontario has it... I have seen the banners at select stations in Kitchener/Waterloo but nowhere else...

I just switched over from Phillips 66 our other Tier 1 gas. In the 2.03 neighborhood right now. Last fill up was 2.09 I think. Same as Citgo, Phillips, Marathon, or BP.

Milage seems up but not more than .5 MPG. Seems happy.

Think I am gonna stick with it for a while.

Last edited:
What is different with Shell's nitrogen vs. let's say, the nitrogen in atmospheric air which gets sucked in through the intake?

Its a molecule or atom bonded to the add pack molecules that makes it more able to survive the combustion process so it will be able to clean the exhaust path where all the [censored] makes it to.

KA426,
Does the engine seem to idle/perform any better on the Shell-Nitro than the other fuels that you have used or does it just seem the same?

around here-they discount V-power on Mondays and Thursdays-10 cents off a gallon.
Noting but V-power goes in the Corvettes, and yes, they love it

Steve

I used up the whole tank and reloaded and I've gotta say its been a long time since my truck has idled so smooth or felt like its had so much under the hood. It just seems to be a small notch above other gases I've tried. The only problem is I have to drive to the gun shop and go shopping for ammo in another town in order to get this gas. This is the closest Shell to me so it's not very economical to drive to another town to get gas. I'v got a good stock of ammo now so this will sadly be my last load of Shell for a while. All my town has is "cheap" gas.

I just remembered something. I changed oil about three weeks ago with Castrol Edge 10w-30 and I added almost a quart of Lucas Full Synthetic Oil Stabilizer with my new oil. Maybe that's why its idleing so smoothly. I DO think the Shell has cleaned the injectors, though.

Originally Posted By: KA426
I used up the whole tank and reloaded and I've gotta say its been a long time since my truck has idled so smooth or felt like its had so much under the hood. It just seems to be a small notch above other gases I've tried. The only problem is I have to drive to the gun shop and go shopping for ammo in another town in order to get this gas. This is the closest Shell to me so it's not very economical to drive to another town to get gas. I'v got a good stock of ammo now so this will sadly be my last load of Shell for a while. All my town has is "cheap" gas.

thats the problem here where i live in pa too.all we have is the valero`s,wawa,luke oil etc. shell stations are out of the way.but i go out of my way because its the only top tier fuel here next to turkey hill.

Last edited:
I have regularly been able to show a 5% to 8% increase in fuel mileage with V-power over other brands. Strange that it occurs in all cars I've tried it with. Must be a different mix of additives that has more "energy" in it?

You probably have a Knock sensor and this is why... It adjusts the spark timing for the increased octane.

In vehicles not equipped with this you should see little to no change.

Just my experiences...

Originally Posted By: nicholas
Do we get this new fangled gas in Canada/ Ontario ?
I can not find anything on Shell.ca ?

I had emailed Shell Canada a week ago and got this reply:

Thank you for your message. You are absolutely right; the announcement is for the United States of America. The New Nitrogen Enriched Gasoline has been introduced exclusively to the American market.

Sincerely,

Shell Customer Service Centre

Originally Posted By: 21Rouge
Originally Posted By: nicholas
Do we get this new fangled gas in Canada/ Ontario ?
I can not find anything on Shell.ca ?

I had emailed Shell Canada a week ago and got this reply:

Thank you for your message. You are absolutely right; the announcement is for the United States of America. The New Nitrogen Enriched Gasoline has been introduced exclusively to the American market.

Sincerely,

Shell Customer Service Centre

It's in Kitchener/Waterloo area because they have Banners up stating it... I asked them in the Kiosk and was told they are a test market...

21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back