Shell nitrogen/gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard this commercial the other day, and all I thought was, nitrogen doesn't explode, how does that work in gas? but reading the reason, I see that's it for cleaning, so you don't want it to explode.

I use Shell gas religiously but come on NITROGEN ??
What is the temperature of liquid nitrogen ??
Please Shell do not insult my intelligence
Now that BP came out with there deposit control additive
Shell had to do a one up on them.
What's next NITROGLYCERIN ?? Maybe we can blast the deposits off

Originally Posted By: BUBBA0420
I use Shell gas religiously but come on NITROGEN ??
What is the temperature of liquid nitrogen ??
Please Shell do not insult my intelligence

They aren't insulting anyone's intelligence but many posters on BITOG are totally confused by their advertizement. It is not liquid nitrogen. Some others think it is gaseous nitrogen which it is not. I think it nitrogen-containing detergent molecules which as a group have long been used in fuels and oils. There are many different compounds possible within the group of nitrogen-containing detergents so this may be a change (and is if Shell has been good and honest).

Might be just a coincidence, but after my last fill-up with Shell, the average MPG readout on my DIC went from the usual 16.5 mpg to 17.1 mpg. Can't say it is the result of the new formula quite yet, but the mpg increase was unexpected. I'll be more certain after several more fill-ups where I can do the actual miles/gallons math.

Since the detergents always contained nitrogen or nitrogen based, how is this a big deal? Are they using more detergents? Does V power still have 5X the amount of detergents?

I filled up with it today. 100 miles in and no MPG increase as of yet.

I am sure this is a quality fuel like shell has always offered.

Originally Posted By: lexus114
i use it rg,runs very good in mine.

Yea, It runs great here to. But that is expected from Shell Vpower.

My BP station has to know somethings up!! I have not been in.

I will give it 2-3 fill ups and see what the avg. MPG is.

Originally Posted By: Jonny Z
Y'all come try my oxygen enriched water. Now with 85% or more oxygen.
I prefer the stuff with the extra hydrogen atom...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back