supertech oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a thread recently about these filters... I think there was pictures of them cut open too!
grin2.gif

I have used them and found they work well, even the e-cores (lightweight ones with the black nylon cage center tube). These filters are made by Champ as are the Mobil 1 and K&N and AC delco. I get them cheap and try not to go past 3-5000 miles on these oil filters.

I've used Mobil 1, Bosch, Napa, Purolater, Wix, STP, AC/Delco (but no more due to problems I discussed here before) and SuperTechs all without issue. I've never cut them open after use, so I cannot comment on which may be the best - but I'd hope the M1 filter would be best because it costs so mucm more than the others.

Last edited:
i use them...they are exact same as stp filters..ST oil and filters are cheap and good...

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I have cut open an M1 filter and they are very well put together...
grin2.gif
Use with confidence.

I have cut one open as well and I agree that are very well put together.
thumbsup2.gif

next time you cut a ST filter open- put the razor knife away-you can extract the rather feeble paper element by hand- it's that thin.
Not even on my tractor

Steve

If good/better/best is ok ranking system, then not best, those are self evident and expensive. Are they better range? compared to FRAM? porbably. Good (enough anyway) seems closest fit, so use for 3-6 months max, don't try 1 yr. or more on these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back