Peak Extended Life=Peak Global?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The local Wally-World now has Peak Extended Life concentrate on the shelf besides the Dex-Clones, and is this stuff the same as Global, it does have the same flag banner on the label?

I've only seen at my local W*M, the Peak Global Life Time 50/50 in the blue jug with the banner of flags running accross the top of the front label. I beleive it is disscussed here and is A.O.K.
Haven't seen the full strength Extended Life yet.

My local one only has the Peak concentrate and the Prestone/ST Dex-Clones. I bought the only gallon of Peak 50/50 the other night ago for the beater.

If it doesn't say "Global" it is not the "Global" formula - this is from the Peak tech I spoke with. The price is also indicative of this.

I don't know why Peak decided to use the the flags from their premium "Global" formula's label on the Dex-clone "extended life" (full strength and 50/50) bottles sold at Wal-Mart - very confusing.

Apparently, Extended Life does equal Global.
The Peak website doesn't show the Extended Life, only Long Life, Global, and original, so it is obviously new.

I noticed at a Walmart a week or two ago that as two assoc. were stocking the antifreeze shelves the new Extended Life was being mixed in together with the existig Global on the shelf at the same price, and I would swear the same UPC. The front labels of the two were identical and both used the same color bottle. The back labels were a little bit different but it was obvious the Extended Life was replacing the Global. And now the Global is gone from all the shelves around here.

I'm obviously concluding that the Global is no more. The Peak website is just lagging behind a bit.

I noticed this also at Wal-Mart
Both Blue bottles but one had a gold outlined label the other blue. The Gold label was 2 dollars more. So which one is the Non-Dex stuff? I am assuming the Gold label

Well I would not buy the new stuff until the bottle or website said no 2-EHA. I would just go to G-05 as its OK, to convert from and mix with DexCool or the old green (without a flush).

Last edited:
This is what they have at my local Walmart. Extended life Conc, Extended Life 50/50 and Global Lifetime 50/50 but no Global Lifetime Conc, all in blue jugs Extended Life= Dexclone

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Specs look the same to me??

Peak Global
http://www.peakantifreeze.com/msds/msds_peak_global_lifetime.pdf

Peak LongLife
http://www.peakantifreeze.com/msds/msds_pk_longlife.pdf

Not necessarily, notice the organic acids are listed as proprietary. Apparently the exact contents of the OAT package are what separates them. Longlife uses 2-EH?? and Global uses something different??

The point of the thread wasn't actually about Global vs. Longlife but Global vs. Extended Life. The Extended Life is replacing Global on store shelves in this area and its not even listed on Peak's website yet.

My container of Global Lifetime mentions containing sodium benzoate and a proprietary inhibitor along with glycols.

The container of LongLife I saw at Advance Auto last week was even more vague, if I remember correctly it only mentioned a NJTS (New Jersey Trade Secret) number along with glycol. They are different antifreezes, I'm convinced.

Is G-05 coolant OK to use in Hondas ?

21.gif
21.gif

Honda and Toyota frown upon borates and nitrates in their coolants, but Penray/Nalco and the HD engine makers have success with them in the field.

G-05 contains sodium tetraborate and nitrate in it. Think of it as a pre-charged HD coolant.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rszappa1
2007 Honda Accord...I looked at the Zerex site...But if you go to the Peak site they recomend global...

Makes all the more confusing, I know... Just when I thought I had it all correct, now G0-5 seems to be going away, and the other bottles are changing so its harder to distinguish between dex-clone and the good stuff...WHEW!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back