GC 0W-30, 5200 miles, 2001 Audi S4 , 2 track days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like GC did just fine despite track abuse
19.gif
(11 track sessions 20min each) that saw oil temps in 270-280F range under full boost and rpm mainly in the 4000-7000 zone
shocked2.gif

Oil was changed just before track event in September and then served another 5K miles of normal/spirited driving and lots of freezing starts.

I used Bosch oil filter with FILTECH media and 4oz maintenance dose of Auto-Rx which kept insolubles at their lowest level ever
grin2.gif

All I can say is that this oil
25.gif
Rocks!

uoa_2009_01-133500.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: drewjp
That's a great car and a great engine you have there!! I'm quite jealous.

Agreed completely!

Only thing better (and almost my fav car of all time) The V8 RS4.

I have no idea about batch numbers, I bought oil in auto zone last summer when they had sale. This was gold GC :)

Oils used in previous samples from first to last are:

delavac 15w-40 with auto-rx, Syntec 5W-40, GC last 3 UOA's

Originally Posted By: INDYMAC
Was this the first UOA on GC? I noticed it's the first time you had to add oil. Is that true?

no, see post above..

Yes this is a first time I added oil. it was about half quart low but I added whole quart thinking that additive package got pretty used up form the track use which saw high oil temperatures.

It's good to see the Gold GC producing comparable results to the Green.
It's also interesting to see the GP 111 5W-40 Syntec shear to the point where it's lighter than GC after 6000 miles.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
It's good to see the Gold GC producing comparable results to the Green.
It's also interesting to see the GP 111 5W-40 Syntec shear to the point where it's lighter than GC after 6000 miles.

yes 5W-40 was made in Belgium, and had just as impressive oil ratings but GC is clearly better oil when put to use.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
My Bosch #3500 imploded.

was it with new filter media and cold start at -30F with 20W-50
28.gif

details please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back