John Deere LVA12812 Hydro Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is puzzling me. There is a pile of J-D stuff out there using the J-D LVA12812 filter for the hydrostatic drive unit, but I can't seem to find anything other than the OEM (~$25.00
shocked2.gif
).

I know it's not something you change every day/week; most Owner's Manuals call for replacement at 50 hrs, then every 500 hrs, which is a couple years for most guys, but it'd be nice to have another choice.

Anyone?
21.gif

I've tried to find ways around using JD filters on hydrostat units. Every time, I've simply given up and paid for a JD filter.

Also, my unit (425 AWS) requires the Lo-Vis Hydrostat fluid, which is just as hard to find... so, I'm pretty well forced to pay up anyway.

$25 seems a bit pricey for the filter... even for a JD dealer. Are you sure you're not being held up by your dealer?

Have you tried the application search at Donaldson's site?

https://dynamic.donaldson.com/webc/WebStore/search/application/search.html

It may give you everything. Since I don't know what engine and model you have, I couldn't do it myself. I assumed some lawn and garden tractor or (larger) tractor ..
21.gif

I assume that this is a spin-on. If so, there are only so many thread sizes for it to be. Measure it ..and then we can figure out just what options that there are in that thread.

I also bit the bullet and went with JD's Hydro Filter and LV HyGard. I did notice that it doesnt have any anti drainback valves or bypass valves on mine.

That filter fits the 2210 and 2305 J-D compact utility tractors, per this thread at the TractorByNet forum.

Prices for J-D parts tend to vary by dealer, but, checking with the local guy, I got a price of $26.50 for the LVA12812.

My J-D CUT is a 955, 33 HP 3 cyl Yanmar diesel; the OEM hydro filter is an AM102723, which crosses to WIX 51586/NAPA 1586 (as Joel noted above), Purolator H35264 and Fram P7537; the J-D guy quoted $24.00 and the NAPA guy is about the same. So, in this case, at least, another source of supply doesn't really affect the price.
21.gif

51586 1586 Hydraulic Filter $32.49 $16.92

That's the fleetfilter price. This is a very expensive filter. Ebay

Donaldson spec's out the same equivalent filter ..as one might suspect.

The Donaldson application utility led me right to it with JD/tractor/955 ..oil/air/fuel/hydraulic

Qty Item Number Qty Per Equipment Item Description Catalog Note

P533597

AIR PRIMARY, FINNED

P108736

AIR PRIMARY, FINNED

P535366

AIR SAFETY

P502161

FUEL CARTRIDGE PRIMARY

P169078

HYDRAULIC SPIN-ON

P550162

LUBE SPIN-ON FULL FLOW

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I think so.
Go here and plug in what you have. I did John Deere/tractor/955 and then the thing didn't give me the engine option and the "PARTS LIST" button popped up.
https://dynamic.donaldson.com/webc/WebSt...WEBC_WHERE_USED

Ahhh, yes. Quite a handy feature they have there. Problem is, the filter the guy is looking for is for a J-D 2210 Compact, and Donaldson doesn't list the Hyd. filter for that one.
frown.gif

By now, I'm sure the guy has already purchased/installed the OEM filter, while we're running around trying to find something else.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back