1 million mile Ford Van

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd fall over if I hit 500,000 miles. At the rate of a little less than 12,000 miles/year on the car we drive most in our fleet, I'll be dead before that happens, or minutes away from being dead.

His trip odometer has 850 miles in some of the pics. If he has the dual-tank setup he could easily go that far before gassing. (IDK if he's using the trip o for mileage tracking)

His license plate looks like it has 2 million miles!!

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Also the big thing is the plastics on the GM vehicles is MUCH better than the Fords. Esp the dash and power window areas.

crazy2.gif
You must be from Bizarro world!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
Also the big thing is the plastics on the GM vehicles is MUCH better than the Fords. Esp the dash and power window areas.

crazy2.gif
LOL.gif

Hehhehehe, I personally find the Ford interiors better as well, but to each his own.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: Ben99GT

crazy2.gif
LOL.gif

Hehhehehe, I personally find the Ford interiors better as well, but to each his own.

Me too. My 95 Ford van with 200K miles has less wind noise and rattles less than my 05 Chevy Trailblazer with about 50K miles on it. (Anybody want to buy an SUV?)
I have a close family member who has owned Chevy vans for the last 15 years. I doubt if any of them will make 200K miles. The latest one has just over 100K miles and has so many problems they currently aren't driving it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: firemachine69
Vans or minivans? Two completely different beasts.
wink.gif

How so? I personally have an 95 Ford Aerostar. It is rear wheel drive with a 4.0 V6. That makes it a "completely different beast"?

A guy over at saturnfans.com has just under 600,000 miles on his Saturn SL2 engine with original transmission. However, he is going to rebuild the engine because he is using a quart of oil every 200 miles!

Another guy there got 365,000 miles out of his 2004 Saturn Ion before the Ecotec 2.2L cracked a cylinder head.

High mileage engines are out there....but these people all have something in common. They drive a lot.
shocked2.gif

When my old Dodge Caravan with the hated 2.6litre Mitsubishi engine finally hit 400,000KM before bursting into flames 6 months later on the highway from an electrical problem it was using 1 quart of oil every 200 miles or so and I kept driving it... Oil was much cheaper back then. Was the best [censored] vehicle I ever owned. Had a Carbeurator made by Mikunai and always started in the winter without quick-start and/or pumping the gas. I miss her!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Originally Posted By: ryansride2017
I would throw up if I had to add a quart of oil each time I filled my car up, regardless of how many miles were on it. He probably filled-up once a day! Imagine that....a quart of oil per day!!
That is a whole $2.00!!!

My comment has nothing to do with money. I couldn't drive something, regardless of the miles, that was so mechanically defective that it needed 1 quart of oil per day. Either I would replace the engine or fix the problem...I couldn't live with that.

Last edited:
Van = frame, minivan = unibody.

Aerostar's are not unibody. I believe the same applies to the Chevy Astro.

I understand the Windstar, Freestar, Caravan, etc. are unibody and essentially a car - or what we used to call a stationwagon.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: oldmaninsc
Van = frame, minivan = unibody.

Aerostar's are not unibody. I believe the same applies to the Chevy Astro.

I understand the Windstar, Freestar, Caravan, etc. are unibody and essentially a car - or what we used to call a stationwagon.

Station Wagons had frames, at least the Panther-chassis ones and the big Olds and Caprice-based ones from GM.......

Meanwhile Chris142 is quietly contemplating driveshaft issues on his 2 million mile OTR tractor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back