Alisyn 0w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
$12.95 qt

http://aerospacelubricants.thomasnet.com...y=prod&filter=0

Quote:
ProDrive Type 6, 0W-20, 1 Qt.

Synthetic motor oils have been on the market for many years. Most major oil companies have introduced their version of synthetic motor oil. All of these oils are blended using commercially available additive packages pre-approved for read across API certification. These additive packages are blended to produce the lowest possible cost oil that will pass the selected API certification requirements. This is the reason motor oils, including synthetics, are all very similar (EXCEPT ALISYN).

Quote:
Alisyn synthetic motor oils are blended to give the highest possible performance, regardless of cost. We use expensive ingredients that make it impossible to compete, based on cost, with most other motor oils on the market. Alisyn motor oils are designed for high performance race engines, not the small test engines used for API certification.

Interesting PDS
http://www.aerospacelubricants.com/files/sheets/prodrive type 6 tds.pdf

I've never used the oil but have used the chain lube they make and its nice stuff.

Check out the copy I posted in the racing oil forum under Mclarens secret weapon.

On several racing boat forums, Alysin oils seem to be very highly regarded. Very expensive though.

Quote:
No, Alisyn ProPower is not API-TC or TCW3 rated. There are several reasons for this:

1) Most API-TC and TCW3 oils are formulated using a pre-approved (API/TCW) additive package and oil (either synthetic or mineral) based combination. The result is that most of the commercially available oils are remarkably similar in performance characteristics such as anti-wear and shear stability properties. To differentiate these commercially available oils for the consumer, the major oil companies use extensive marketing, sponsorship, and selling strategies.

2) Aerospace Lubricants, Inc. chose a different strategy. We created our own additive package relying on our 35+ years of experience in the aerospace lubrication field. The additive package we developed was designed as a "cost no object package". If it would have been possible to develop a better oil at a greater cost, we would have done it. We then submitted our complete Alisyn product line to an independent U.S. Government approved laboratory for comparison testing against the best known commercial brands. The results did not surprise us. In all of the tests that determine an oil's performance properties, our product line consistently came out on top.

3) Our Alisyn product line is not a "new product". There are thousands of hours of real world testing in the most demanding race conditions to prove out our claims. Alisyn ProPower and ProGear have a long history of happy customers, many of them members of the S & F forum. We welcome any feedback our users have in an open forum.

4) Finally, API and TCW certification is not cheap. Our Company does not have the financial resources to undergo the independent certification process. We would much rather spend the money on additional R & D, customer service and free shipping to S & F members!

I sometimes get carried away. You're probably sorry you asked!

Best regards,
Jerry

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124158&page=2

Quote:
We truly believe that our products are in a class by themselves. If mainstream manufacturers used our additive package (the base fluid for all synthetics is PAO oil- PolyAlphaOlephin) they would be charging $40.00 per quart. It is the additive package that makes all the difference in the world. Anyway, I will let our products speak for themselves. Send me your address and I will send you sample product. That's a pretty straight forward offer don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back