Supertech Vs Proselect Vs Purolator Premium Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of switching to the supertech from the Proselct.

are there any significant/persuasive reasons not to switch to the Supertech filter for 4000 OCI's?

Are the ST's decent ?

The Supertech is Champ lab's basic no-frills filter. It's not a bad filter based on what I've seen, but if the same sized Proselect was the same price as the ST, I'd grab the Napa filter over the ST. Wix seems to have better QC on their low-end filters than Champ does.

If it's cheaper, go for it. I've run plenty of 5k intervals in my 9-5 running arx in clean/rinses and maint doses. Pleats hold plenty of deposits and I've never cut one open to find it compromised in any way.

I would shy away from using a Supertech E-Core type filter for applications that have an internal bypass valve. Supertech E-Core filters can be identified by the black plastic cage visible through the output hole.

IMO, the molded rubber flap used in the E-Core Supertechs is not a suitable bypass valve design. For applications that don't have an internal bypass valve, the Supertech E-Core is probably as good as any other basic filter from Fram, Purolator, or Wix.

I'm not sure on all the techs and specs on the different filters but I know the ProSelect is a very well built good quality filter. I use a ProSelect on my truck and have had absolutely no problems. For the money it's the best filter I have found for my truck.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=6&Number=1004791&Searchpage=1&Main=77875&Words=disappointed+Drew99GT&topic=0&Search=true#Post1004791

This goes to show generalities are not always correct. You need to find teardowns of your specific filter or ones you're considering to really know what you're getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back