G-Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
they show some testing that indicates it's better than mobil 1... i thought animals were just good for eating.

Fry me up some fatty beefy burgers and poor the left-overs in my engine for a great UOA ... 1 for me, 1 for you.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Youthanasia
they show some testing that indicates it's better than mobil 1... i thought animals were just good for eating.

I misread testing as tasting first time through, that made more sense.
grin2.gif

Bacon fat makes an excellent cutting lube for machining. Make you hungry if it's fresh, doesn't smell so good a few of weeks later if you don't get it all cleaned up.

IIRC, it has some esters that make it cling to the metal extra well.

Last edited:
Try finding the auto oil for sale somewhere.............I I can find it the 2 stroke oil and their cleaning products.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Try finding the auto oil for sale somewhere.............I I can find it the 2 stroke oil and their cleaning products.

Evidently it's coming next year. From their website....

The next time your car needs an oil change, keep your eye out for Green Earth Technologies 4-Cycle G-OIL, which will be on shelves in 2009. G-OIL is the world’s lowest petroleum, “eco-friendly,” ultimate biodegradable motor oil made with American-grown renewable animal fats. These saturated fats have no harsh effects on the environment, and drastically cut our dependence on foreign oil, while providing superior performance.

Originally Posted By: XS650

IIRC, it has some esters that make it cling to the metal extra well.

I can see it now, Pork-RX!

LOL.gif

This is interesting, if true...

Quote:
Kinetic Motorsports and Kinetic Sunbelt Engines performed on-track race tests in their BMW M3 GS car (a race built version of a standard street-going BMW M3) to establish the oil's operating parameters, and have concluded that G-OIL outperformed all the synthetic oils that they currently use.

G-Oil Goes Racing At Daytona

This starting to sound like snake oil to me....

"What makes G-OIL so unique is a proprietary ingredient and a patent pending system that supports the ingredient's performance. The ingredient is called "Nano Geodesic Bearings", aka "NGB." These NGB's are tiny spherical shaped particles that are comparable in size to the molecules that make-up the base material of Bio based oil. These particles are postulated to spin at almost unimaginable high speed to support adjacent oil molecules to squeeze more precious horsepower out of the engine: Truly nano-sized ball bearings."

Thats great if the only thing that gets in the environment is the clean oil right out of the bottle. Its all the byproducts of the used oil that are bad, so it makes no difference if the original product is "green" or not.

Quote:
These NGB's are tiny spherical shaped particles that are comparable in size to the molecules that make-up the base material of Bio based oil. These particles are postulated to spin at almost unimaginable high speed to support adjacent oil molecules to squeeze more precious horsepower out of the engine: Truly nano-sized ball bearings."
crackmeup2.gif

So what's going to lubricate those little ball bearings that's supposed to squeeze more horsepower out of those little oil molecules?
crazy2.gif

Last edited:
Doesn't sound any worse than Pennzoil's oil molecules that tear themselves in half before being run through a gear, then reassemble themselves once on the other side.

No really. The Pennzoil polymer chemistry makes sense whereas the above laughable statement isn't supported by the physics.

Any solid spinning at a very high speed would break itself apart due to an excess of angular kinetic energy.

And why not little cylinders like pin or needle bearings instead of spheres?

And what energy mechanism causes these spheres to spin? And what of these spinning spheres; what advantage due they impart to oil?
54.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back