Some Naked valvetrain pics from another site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across these pics on another site and don't have much info on the history other than this is going to be built up for racing, but seeing how I haven't seen this motor exposed like this I thought others would like to see it.

DSC03593.jpg

DSC03595.jpg

DSC03596.jpg

DSC03597.jpg

DSC03598.jpg

Is it just me or do the cams seem to have very little pattern on the sides but really quick wide pattern wear on the toe and heel?

Toyota 1GRFE 4.0 v6 used in 4 runners, Fj Cruisers, Tacomas and some Tundras.

I have no idea of the service history of the engine pictured. It looks to have sat for a while. Just a random sample of the motor.

Cool! I didn't realize the 1GRFE used shim and bucket valve lash adjustment. That's a nice simple design. Is that big fly-weight looking deal on the intake cam sprocket for cam phasing?

Joel

Nice pics when i saw the oil filter location i though it was the 4.0L...sure enough it was. Good to know they use a timing chain.

That is the Variable valve timing that is actuated by oil pressure running through the cam itself and into the sprocket to advance the timing, the signal to actuate the pressure to the system is actually via the electronic engine management.
The buckets do not have shims. The buckets come in various incremental sizes themselves.

I would also like to clarify, the pics and engine are not mine. I just wanted to share this find with everyone who is interested in what it looks like under all the externals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back