Have a commited a sin?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a 2nd gen S&W Sigma 9
shocked2.gif

I've read a lot of stories lately about how the 2nd gen ones are 180 degrees opposite from the first gen - ultra reliable and built like a tank. The trigger still sucks.

But the kicker is, you can get them for around $250 bucks plus 2 extra magazines. There was a $50 rebate last year but it's expired

So I got one with 4 16 round magazines for $270 out the door. Apparently Smith is basically giving the magazines away.

Gonna break it in with the thousands of rounds of Wolf ammo my brother has. If it'll reliably fire that craap, then it's a keeper.

Can you tell me how and where you bought this example for $250. I'd like to pick one up. Also, could you provide a link to this pistol to the Smith&Wesson site, as I don't believe they are called Sigmas there. The cheapest polymer frame NINE that is see is $458 bucks.

Thanks for your time if you have it to spare.

If it's this one, then I want one!

http://www.gunblast.com/SWSigma9.htm

That is exactly it! Smith is trying to unload their inventory so they can focus strictly on the M&P.

Try looking at local gunshops, or, buy online. Bud's guns has them for $280 something. MSRP on Smith's website is just that, MSRP, but they are trying to get rid of them with heavy discounts.

I actually like the trigger on the Smith - it feels very tight and very long, but I like the inherent safety in that. I've never liked how Glock triggers fee so much more "free" if you will. Just wouldn't trust one in the chamber if it wasn't in a holster for CCW.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_39_71/products_id/13283

If you can get one at a big retailer like Cabellas, they'll likely have the extra 2 mags for free.

Holy moly, that guy is getting 1,600 ft/sec with 100 grain powerball ammo out of this gun. That's INSANE. Unload 16 of those into a perpetrator and you win.

I like that site I linked you to. Kinda redneck techno geeky like myself. They actually shoot the guns instead of just talking about the specs. Sometimes a video here and there.

I am gonna get me one of the Sigma's pronto. I have been looking at some really expensive 9mm and thought it would be a while before I could get my hands on one. Buddy of mine is a license holder. I'll have the gun shipped to him. He'll only charge me ten bucks.

Originally Posted By: Camu Mahubah
I like that site I linked you to. Kinda redneck techno geeky like myself. They actually shoot the guns instead of just talking about the specs. Sometimes a video here and there.

I am gonna get me one of the Sigma's pronto. I have been looking at some really expensive 9mm and thought it would be a while before I could get my hands on one. Buddy of mine is a license holder. I'll have the gun shipped to him. He'll only charge me ten bucks.

I'd look around some more and see if you could get a better price. Might want to check Cabellas and make a trip over there as well if the price is good.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Velocity does not an effective man-stopper make.

Tell that to Weatherby. Bill T.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
You'd rather have 100 grains of metal going 50 ft/sec?

Not physically possible in a 9mm handgun.

I'd rather have 147 grains traveling at 1050fps.

Originally Posted By: Aldaris
I sinned too. I have an SW9VE (2nd gen Sigma bought NIB late '07) and wanna sell it. Includes two 16rd magazines, I'd be happpy with $240 ($100 loss)

Please explain further.

I sinned too. I have an SW9VE (2nd gen Sigma bought NIB late '07) and wanna sell it. Includes two 16rd magazines, I'd be happpy with $240 ($100 loss)

Please explain further.
Like an idiot I went to a gun shop and bought a Sigma right before the $50 rebate+2 magazine deal was in force, and I spent $340 on it. I still have the gun but I don't really want it. 16 round capacity is nice but I have a mind to move back to California and I'm limited to ten there anyway.
Oh, and I have a holster for it too. Take it :p

Can you get the HST in a cartridge with the above velocities?

You can actually get the 147gr in +P now, but that doesn't really interest me.

Please explain further.
Like an idiot I went to a gun shop and bought a Sigma right before the $50 rebate+2 magazine deal was in force, and I spent $340 on it. I still have the gun but I don't really want it. 16 round capacity is nice but I have a mind to move back to California and I'm limited to ten there anyway.
Oh, and I have a holster for it too. Take it :p

Have you put many rounds through it? Was it a ftf p.o.s. or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back