2004 Honda Accord V6 10,800 miles Amsoil 0W20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to politely point out that you misspelled "polietly"(sic)and that most posters know what plug they just pulled out of their car. I pulled out an NGK. If you pulled out a Denso,and prefer the Denso, then replace it with same.

Originally Posted By: dcoyne78
Replacing the PCV on my Prius helped with fuel dilution, you could also try a Dyson Analysis and get an expert's advice.

A Dyson Analysis is always your best option.

Originally Posted By: FZ1
I would like to politely point out that you misspelled "polietly"(sic)and that most posters know what plug they just pulled out of their car. I pulled out an NGK. If you pulled out a Denso,and prefer the Denso, then replace it with same.

My point was you were recommending platinum plugs in an application that calls for iridium and recommending NGK spark plugs based on you thinking Denso is a bad product. Your point of reference is an 02 accord which is different than the 04. I never questioned what you pulled out of the 02.

I'm perfectly capable of looking at parts books and service manuals and thinking through the options before I decide to deviate from specification when it comes to spark plugs. Maybe those platinum plugs will work better in this application, maybe they won't. I appreciate the suggestion. I'm sorry if I sounded harsh, but golly gee, lets not proclaim one spark plug to be the be all/end all for all Honda V6s.

I'd rather see the truth misspelled than ignorance perfected.

The point is that plugs from both brands are recommended by Honda in the service manual AND the owners manual and both are excellent plugs so your "lawnmower" comment painted you as ignorant but I wanted to give you a chance to substantiate your claim rather than just assume you take pride in trashing a company based on nothing of substance. Since Denso is such trash you might also want to consider replacing your radiator, A/C compressor and condenser and dozens of other components located under the hood of your 6th generation Accord.

You still haven't provided even anecdotal evidence on why Honda was so misguided in specing Denso plugs on all of their cars. Perhaps you can take a minute or two and enlighten me.

Originally Posted By: Junior

My point was you were recommending platinum plugs in an application that calls for iridium and recommending NGK spark plugs based on you thinking Denso is a bad product. Your point of reference is an 02 accord which is different than the 04. I never questioned what you pulled out of the 02.

I'm perfectly capable of looking at parts books and service manuals and thinking through the options before I decide to deviate from specification when it comes to spark plugs. Maybe those platinum plugs will work better in this application, maybe they won't. I appreciate the suggestion. I'm sorry if I sounded harsh, but golly gee, lets not proclaim one spark plug to be the be all/end all for all Honda V6s.
No,your inference was not my implication! I was just informing you that you could save $100 by buying NGK plugs from Autozone in lieu of the dealer.

Last edited:
Interesting re the V power. My '02 Accord V6 manual says to run 87 octane. I usually run Shell Regular. No pre ignition problems. My "solution" is to try 6mo./3750 ocis with a low priced syn like PP and 6 yr.plug change intervals. NGK oem platinum replacement plugs,of course.

Does the manual state to run "only 87 is recommended", or "a minimum of 87", or "87 and higher"?

Originally Posted By: Junior
Sorry,Pal. I have the original NGKs that I changed out of my Accord at 90k. The oem NGK Platinum plugs are supposed to be changed at 105k.

I would like to polietly point out that I do own 04 V6 and you do not. The factory installed plugs are in fact Denso Iridum. The Platinum plugs were probably standard in your 02 but I do not know because I don't own one.

Please be careful what you tell people.
This response was not addressed to you. It was addressed to the Bullet Counter. The guy that incorrectly told me my '02 V6 was spec'd for iridium plugs. P. S. You incorrectly spelled both politely and Iridium in your post.

I'd try a bottle of the new PI fuel add and switch to an Amsoil EAO oil filter....

A few posts from this thread have been moved to quarantine because of personal insults in the posts. Keep discussion at a civil level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back