Green Earth Technologies Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have emailed those folks a half dozen time and have never gotten a reply. I think the only oil they have out right now is their 2-cycle oils.

ACtually, I see on their site that they have motor oils as well, and I just send an inquiry to them as well. I like the idea of green products....

Gotcha...same here. I emailed them, but may call them. Hard for me to break from the yellow bottle though!
wink.gif

Quote:
G-OIL™ is made from American grown base oils that now puts the power of nanotechnology into the hands of the consumer.

What the heck does that mean?!!? Is the oil NON-petrolem or not? I don't see how it could be "Green" if it's still plain ol' petroleum oil.

Keep reading. Oils that are of plant or animal origin. After you run it in your engine, you can pour it on your corn flakes.

happy2.gif

internet store only?? was in california i went by nothing but a suite with name on door. maybe just want investors money till they can mfg? or run away

Here's the email I got back from G-Oil when I inquired about data and specs for engine oils;

"Thank you for contacting us at GetG.com

This oil is in test to meet API SM by a third party at this time.

Our policy is not to release data until all tests are complete and it meets API standards. Product is not available now but we expect it to be in distribution before the Fall of 08.

Thank you for your interest in Green Earth Technologies."

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crw
Keep reading. Oils that are of plant or animal origin. After you run it in your engine, you can pour it on your corn flakes.

Probably BEFORE you run it in your engine. After you run it in your engine it will have all kinds of nasty contaminants in it.

Instead of vegatable oils, they use tallowates

Quote:
The composition of the fatty acids is typically as follows:[4]

Saturated fatty acids:
Palmitic acid: 26 %
Stearic acid: 14 %
Myristic acid: 3 %
Monounsaturated fatty acids:
Oleic acid: 47 %
Palmitoleic acid: 3 %
Polyunsaturated fatty acids:
Linoleic acid: 3 %
Linolenic acid: 1 %

These acid components are found in beef tallow. They react these acids with alcohols to make essentially Oleic esters or "tallowates.".

I'm waiting for whale oil to come back, so I can have my Moby 1. Seal oil might be a good sell for leaky engines.

That ester stuff sounds a bit like autorx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back