Good Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been helping a friend with an old Mercedes 560sl and it has been sitting for 5 years and just wanted to get it going and we drained the tank and changed the oil and put in a tank of 93 to run though it but what additive should i add to the next tank cause i don't want to really rebuild the injectors just yet

and you are mostly water - so?

It is the key active ingredients that matter most in fuel additives.

Regane, like Redline SI-1 and Techron, have Poly Ethyl Amine (PEA) as it's primary cleaning ingredient. In the case of regane, it is about 45% of the total package. The Kerosene is a carrier oil that provides a some mild cleaning and some mild lubricity.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jax_RX8
and you are mostly water - so?

It is the key active ingredients that matter most in fuel additives.

Regane, like Redline SI-1 and Techron, have Poly Ethyl Amine (PEA) as it's primary cleaning ingredient. In the case of regane, it is about 45% of the total package. The Kerosene is a carrier oil that provides a some mild cleaning and some mild lubricity.

I've used Regane before, but it's mostly kerosene. PEA IS NOT the primary cleaning ingredient. It only contains 30-40% of PEA with 60-70% of kerosene. I wish people would research before posting answers. I have cans of the OLD but better formula of BG-44k so I'm good. BG44k changed the forumla so I will be using Redline once my stash runs out. Better yet, check out the msds for yourself. http://msds.walmartstores.com/cache/20772_1.pdf

Now take a look at Redline msds. This mix is much better and this is what I will use later down the road.
http://www.redlineoil.com/msds/43.pdf

I use seafoam. Others have said it did a good job on the injectors for them too. B12 is stronger so that could be worth a try too. It has worked well for people too from what Ive seen, and some have said it worked better for them than seafoam since its stronger.

hmmmmmmm, according to the Walmart MSDSs, even Techron doesn't have PEA.

The only ones I've found that have it are Gumout Regane, Redline SI-1, and Amsoil PI.

Outside of Amsoil PI, I've found Gumout Regane Complete to be the only thing that produced results that you could feel. Seafoam did reduce ping ..but Techron (not the concentrate) didn't do squat for me. I've never gone back to either of those (seafoam or techron) ..but did have decent results with the RLI bioplus (?) fuel additive. It's just a challenge to add it to every fuel stop ..so PI wins out.

I have used Regain and it has one of the highest concentrations of PEA you can get in the consumer market PEA is the single most effective fuel cleaning agent you can buy period.
Also it is completely harmless to your plastic and rubber fuel seals and injectors. Some of the solvent based cleaner will damage those parts.

Use Regane with confidence. I agree that Regane is about the only consumer cleaner that actually seems give tangiable results you can feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back