M1 HM 10W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure that there is already a VOA of this posted here but figured it'd be good for comparison, since I don't know when it was last posted. This was done about 2 weeks ago on a 5 qt container of oil that is going to go into my truck on the next OCI.

VOA of Mobil 1 High Mileage 10W-30

V100: 11.76
V40: 77.40
VI: 146
TBN: 9.87
HTHS (150C): 3.547

Elemental Analysis:

Ag 0
Al 1
B 221
Ba 0
Ca 3215
Cd 0
Cr 0
Cu 0
Fe 1
K 0
Mg 17
Mn 0
Mo 87
Na 8
Ni 0
P 926
Pb 0
S 2005
Sb 1
Si 7
Sn 0
Ti 0
V 0
Zn 1026

I would have thought the TBN would be just a tad higher, but that's ok, it all depends on how well it holds up anyway. What do y'all think?

I think it's a great oil. I know someone that ran Amsoil 0w-30, PP 5w30 and M1 10w-30 in -21f temps with no differences in starting.

Higher calcium than M1 0W-40 but less TBN, so different detergent chemistry is being used. HTHS data...whoa! What lab did this analysis?

Thanks for posting,i too thought TBN would be higher but i guess
almost 10 is pretty good,i plan on running this oil this summer
in the fleet,great oil,got 6 jugs in the stash.
20.gif

Originally Posted By: buster
I think it's a great oil. I know someone that ran Amsoil 0w-30, PP 5w30 and M1 10w-30 in -21f temps with no differences in starting.
Syn oil Buster.

Looks like a great deal on a great oil I sure hope we see some UOA on cars and trucks running this oil!!! I think it is going to prove to be a winner!

Mr. Browning,

This will be coming out of my truck and submitted for a UOA in the next couple months, perhaps sooner as I am dealing with a coolant issue that I am going to need to get checked out, or I believe a coolant issue...if you see the thread I posted on my last UOA in that respective section. ( I had eroneously marked the UOA post with VQ33E rather than VG33E which is what is in my Fronty.) This VOA was on the oil that succeeded that UOA and I'm hoping looks a lot better, the last one was a hodge-podge you could say of some left over M1 and fresh bought M1 quarts. Stay tuned. I hope it looks much better than the last UOA. I'm also considering switching to M1 0W-40. We'll see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back