Sleep Number Bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have a Sleep Number bed? Good, bad, just wrong?

We've been saving for a bit, to get a new bed. With $1800 coming May 9, this will put us over the top. The rack has to go. But don't want just another standard bed.

we tried one at the mall, and it didnt seem like anything special... Id be interested to hear real-life comments.

JMH

After you get done with the wife roll off the bed and sleep on the floor.It is almost as good as camping without leaving the house.

I have one !!!!!!!

Had it about 2-3 years. I love it. Will never go back to a mattress. It has a pillow top and is very comfortable. No squeaking or noises, no matter how you abuse it.

I get lots of great comments about it also. Wait, maybe I shouldn't have said that, but oh well, it gives you a bigger sample size...
LOL.gif
LOL.gif
LOL.gif

Go get one!

01.gif

I have one, no "number" on the gauge tho; often they have factory sales where they are marked down.

I seem to like mine, but only sleep on it during the summer months; it is in an unheated part of the house. I don't find it "so great" that I feel I need to use it every day; I don't have muscular-skeletal issues that might warrant using it. A friend of mine recommended it and it is quite beneficial in his case; I'm sure this varies person to person.

FWIW, my parents have a Tempur-pedic and it is like sleeping on a mattress of sand; the thing conforms to every contour like sprayed paint. I will probably buy one of those the next time around.

I've seen a lot of tv commercials for that bed. Looks like a nice bed but doesn't really seem that special. Don't want to change the topic here but I tried the Temperapedic matress at the store and its sure comfortable.

We chose the Tempur-Pedic over the sleep number .... I would recommend looking at both as the cost is about the same.

5000 long twin, best 1.5K I've spent. Since sept of 2004.

no more plywood under for suport. Back feels geat every moring.

They do loose air over time, just like a tire.

My numbers no longer work, I think I steped on the remote a few times.

Thanks guys!!

I took the Tempur-Pedic topper off my side. It caused me to have neck surgery. I sleep on my side often and it made my neck bend very strangely as my shoulder dug in.

My wife and I love our sleep number bed- as do my sister and her husband. Had ours for six years and love it- wife sleeps at about 15, I am at 90. Does make a strange transition from one side to the other though.

ref

Originally Posted By: refaller
My wife and I love our sleep number bed- as do my sister and her husband. Had ours for six years and love it- wife sleeps at about 15, I am at 90. Does make a strange transition from one side to the other though.

ref

I really don't want to know why your sister and her husband love YOUR bed. strange, indeed.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Anyone have a Sleep Number bed? Good, bad, just wrong?

We've been saving for a bit, to get a new bed. With $1800 coming May 9, this will put us over the top. The rack has to go. But don't want just another standard bed.
Do some searching on MOLD with these beds. There was a news story a few years back on this issue with these beds in the PNW climate.

Oilbabe and I have had ours for about two weeks now. We bought the 5000 King Size with wireless remote.

If you go with it, it's pretty easy to set up, so unless you really want them to do it, just set it up yourself.

The setup does come with old mattress disposal, but I think you could sort that out.

So for about 3 large with taxes, we got this one and added the thermal stability bed cover.

We love it. My old matress was close to a rock, which I like, but oilbabe likes it a bit softer. So I sleep at about 65-70 and she is at 35-40.

They are not cheap, but I believe if we use it for 10-20 years, it's like $0.50-$1.00/day :)

I house-sat for a friend for two weeks. He had the sleep number bed.

Ok I guess, the soft wasn't soft enought for me.

Every one either loves or hates Tempur=Pedic. I haven't tried one. Was comfortable in the store, but I wondered about all nite.

To each his own.

Originally Posted By: Curtis Newton
We chose the Tempur-Pedic over the sleep number .... I would recommend looking at both as the cost is about the same.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
we tried one at the mall, and it didnt seem like anything special... Id be interested to hear real-life comments.

JMH

I'd be interested if you were allowed back in the mall !!!

I'm not that particular about beds but I do need to sleep by myself. I had this one girlfriend that was like sleeping next to a lava rock; I'd burn up and couldn't sleep. With me in my own bed, I can toss and turn all I want and sleep MUCH cooler.
55.gif

Merkava, you need to develop the technique of dropping one foot out of the bed to regulate temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back