Q-Horse vs. Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

So I have a few questions. First of all, here is the scenario. My friend has a 2007 Honda CR-V, which of course calls for a 5W-20. First OC, I used Castrol GTX. Second OC, I got Mobil 1 in there. This time around I purchased 5 qts of Q-Horse because it was on sale at my local PartSource for a pretty good deal. Just wanted to ask everyone how it fairs against Mobil 1, and if its "good enough" although I'm almost positive it is.

Secondly, I wanted to ask about all these different QS synthetics. Whats the deal with this? Whats the difference between Q-Horse and Q-Torque? Same stuff, different marketing? Or is it actually different? And whats the old QS Advanced Synthetic?

Thanks!

Q-H and Q-T are different, with the -H seemingly more targeted at gasoline engines and the -T at diesels. Both are API SM, GF-4, but in the -H the XW20 oils are also ACEA A1-02. As far as manufacturer approvals go, both have specific GM, Chrysler, and Ford approvals in the XW20 grade. The -H runs a bit thicker than the -T. I have no information on the additive packages.

Originally Posted By: buster
All oils are good enough. The QS is fine.

Thats pretty much what I was thinking... I'm using a Denso oil filter. Should be good. Previously used an OEM Honda filter with the GTX and a Purolator PureOne with the Mobil 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back