Code:
sus visc @210f 47.9
Code:
cST visc@ 100c 6.62
Code:
flashpoint f 450
Code:
insoubles 0.1
Redline D4ATF 65,206 miles on trans and vehicle with 27,849 miles on oil ,This is my wifes truck usually 24 miles round trip to work and tows her horse trailor 3,500 lbs 1340 lbs for the yellow horse and or the 1142 lb bay horse sometimes both horses to horse lessons for my daughter 10 miles round trip once a week so the truck has an easy life but most of the driving is local around area driving ,lots of shifting. The trans has had its oil changed 3 times using Redline D4ATF

It's a pretty good showing. I think your OCI is about right.

Have you thought of using the High Temp Synthetic ATF? Slightly higher viscosity.

I am considering MTL. I don't think the truck ever gets worked hard. I wonder if Chevron Dexron III atf would be any different than the Redline D4atf?.

The Redline didn't shear-down much. I think the Chevron might shear down to a lower viscosity because of its base oils.

Mola, what is your opinion on the add package in the Redline D4atf @ $8.00 per qt? is there value? 30,000 miles on this change for the price more should be expected out of the oil.

More what? more time vs less wear?

Stick with the Redline. D4 did well here. MTL is worth considering but I don't see the need. 30k interval seems perfect for your driving style.

Steve S:

Most MTL's have a much better AW and EP add pack than do any ATF's.

However, and in your case, it very difficult to make an argument for changing fluids with the results from this UOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back