Oil for a 610 Mule

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents bought a 610 Mule for ease of getting on and off after riding my old 300 Fourtrax for years. The Mule only holds 1.5 qt of oil with a filter change and specs for 250 hour changes. The dealer changed the oil at 10 hours and I changed it at 90 using a factory filter and oil. I feel the 250 hours is too long for only 1.5 qts. of dino oil in a hard working aircooled. The manual calls for dino 10w-40 ja spec, but it is not a wet clutch. What do you guys feel I need to use? I run mobil 1 motorcycle and 0w-40 amsoil in my hondas (wet clutches). How about these or a quality synthetic car oil?

What is a JA spec? Or did you mean JASO?

I would not hesitate to use the Amsoil 0W-40. Last I looked, the ATV companies don't own any oil companies. They contract out for oil by their specs and often buy from the lowest bidder, put their label on it and sell it at a premium price. All to often the oem oils are not any better than the cheapest oil on a Walmart shelf.

2006 Honda Rincon 680

I'm sorry - I was in a rush and should have been more specific. It calls for JASO MA oil and states the "preferred" range for all conditions is 10w-40. I really worry about the small sump for such a hot hard working engine - and a 250 hour change. I may use the 250 hour change but it will be with a quality synthetic.

Pablo - How about a high quality amsoil synthetic media oil filter for atv/utv/motorcycles????????

ZJohnson, the Amsoil Eao fullflow oil filter is the one to get, and the K&N is right behind it. I wish the Amsoil would have the nut welded to the top of the filter like a K&N....ease of R&R is much better.]

Anyway, I have been using the 0-40 Amsoil and the Eao in my Atv engines that hold 2 quarts and have been doing 2,500 mile oil changes which take about 1.5 to 2 years. Right now on the one engine it has 1,500 miles and the oil is clear/brown robust looking oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back