New VW Oil LIst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: XS650
The PD TDI (PD is one flavor of TDI) engine uses rollers. It's still real fussy about oil because the PD injectors take lot of force to operate.

As far as I know, and please don't take my word for it, because I might be wrong, the regular VW TDI engines also use roller cams.

Anybody have the testing procedures for the 504 oils?
I would like to compare them to the 502 00 testing procedures to see what this oil must go through.

Well here is what I ordered thru my local depot. This part number is plentiful in the states, so I don't know about the bottle change yet. As this was ordered direct from VW, not a Castrol rep.

Sending it out to Blackstone tomorrow for a VOA.
thumbsup2.gif

Here are photos to compare against GC. I took a few different angles for comparison.
2184539854_25559a8f2e.jpg
2183757133_8b7e70deec.jpg

2184542268_3e5a741eab.jpg

Originally Posted By: StoicDude
Anybody have the testing procedures for the 504 oils?
I would like to compare them to the 502 00 testing procedures to see what this oil must go through.

Sorry, I got nothing.
frown.gif

Not yet, I was delayed a little bit before sending it out. The wife is studying for dental boards so I'm kinda a single parent for the time being.....

I'll have it real soon.

I wonder why following are not on the list even oil manufactureer claims that their oil meets 500, 502, and other specs.
Motul X-lite 0w-30
Lubro Moly VollSynthese Energy 0W-40
Lubro Moly Longtime High Tech 5W-30

Castrol Syntec 5W-40 is on the latest VW bulletin dated 30 Sept 08, number 17 08 02. The OP's list is a bit dated. The Syntec 5W-40 is listed under the 502.00 but not under any of the other specs. Castrol does list 505.00 on the container but it isn't on VW's bulletin.

I have the most current list from this past April but it's 7 pages long. If anyone is interested send me a PM.

One update, of particular interest to the folks here, is that "Castrol Syntec European Formula" is now officially 502.00 approved. You probably know it all too well as "German Castrol".

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back