PP 5W-30, 10,400 miles, 99 Civic

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 80% highway miles, the last 2K miles were stop and go traffic, shorter trips, etc. Used a NAPA Gold oil filter, total time on oil and filter was ~8 months. The results:

Iron 10
Chromium 0
Lead 4
Copper 10
Tin 0
Aluminum 1
Nickel 0
Silver 0
Silicon 13
Boron 37
Sodium 0
Magnesium 19
Calcium 2984
Barium 0
Phosphorus 967
Zinc 1084
Moly 70
Titanium, Vanadium, Potassium 0

% Fuel cSt @ 100 10.33
Water % 0
Coolant None
TBN 4.0

The analysis recommendations (by Oil Analyzers) was that the oil was suitable for the OCI and, of course, to resample at the next change.

Clark

Very impressive numbers. PP is clearly capable of long drain intervals, maybe even more so than regular M1. I wonder what Tbn method they used? Report is flawless though otherwise.

This seems like an excellent report.Low wear numbers, high tbn for drain interval and miles. Oil stayed in 30 weight range. How many miles are on the car total? How much makeup oil was used during the drain interval? Did you notice and difference in responsiveness of car with this oil?

Ekh (or Ackch if you're Arnold Schwarzenegger - used as a scoffing sound)
21.gif
In a Honda???
grin2.gif

Good show. At least you have the guts to do the factory recommended OCI ...and it works.

Sorry! Forgot about makeup oil, but none was added. She probably burned 1/2 quart during the 10,XXX miles, but was filled to the full side to begin with so no harm. At the end of the OCI there were 70,400 miles on the car.

Clark

This report looks good. I'm waiting for a UOA report to come back on PP 5W-20 in a late model Element. He went about 14k miles on the oil and filter (meant to change at 10k miles). I plan to post the results when they get here.

Originally Posted By: tackleberry625
how long ago was PP this cheap?

At Checker's it is 99cents after rebate...should be same at Schucks, and Murray's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back