Lucas 5w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Good one to leave on the shelf.

I agree, what ____ oil.
puke.gif

Bump.

I put the case of the Lucas Synthetic 5/30 that I have had for the last year or so into the GTO last weekend. A series of coin tosses chose the Lucas over the other stuff in inventory.

It was certainly packaged in a premium manner; thick bottles with a foil seal under the cap - haven't seen the seals in a long time.

The LS1 seems to be nice and smooth with it, hasn't grenaded in the last week. The on board computer reports a 0.2 mpg gain over the Havoline Synthetic 10/30 that was in it, but it's too early to consider that reliable.

I recall it being pretty expensive stuff, so I'll run it until the OLM says to change it out.

Yeah, talking to the Lucas guys at the SEMA tradeshow in Las Vegas recently, answering any simple BITOG-type questions brough suspicious glances and dodgy answeres, settling on "it's American so it is better than them far-eeen erls", nodding towards the Motul booth (where Chuck from Motul was laughing at us, our next stop...fortunately he is a friend of ours, hehe).

$7.99/qt at the local independent NAPA where it stays collecting dust. One of my customers (an engine and transmission builder) has been given a case of Lucas Synthetic 20w-50 every time he wins a race (circle track), and it props up his stack of phone books
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back