02 Mazda Tribute 3.0L, Motorcraft 5w-20, 3024mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
2002 Mazda Tribute
3.0L DOHC V6, 75144mi
Motorcraft 5w-20 Synthetic Blend, 3024mi
Supertech ST2 Oil Filter
Unknown air filter which was changed at time of sampling

This vehicle is owned by a family member and sees a lot of short trip driving where the vehicle doesn't reach operating temperature. I plan to extend the drain interval to 5000 miles and then resample.

oilreport2.jpg

Pabs, this isn't AmSoil, it's Motorcraft! B~)
By that, I mean: sure, AmSoil's TBN would be at least two-three times higher at that mileage, because AmSoil is a more "stout" oil. BUT, if he's going to change it this soon, this Motorcraft is getting the job done.

Originally Posted By: Titan
Pabs, this isn't AmSoil, it's Motorcraft! B~)
By that, I mean: sure, AmSoil's TBN would be at least two-three times higher at that mileage, because AmSoil is a more "stout" oil. BUT, if he's going to change it this soon, this Motorcraft is getting the job done.

Understood. I thought I chose my words carefully. Just a tiny little comment, not a comparison to Amsoil whatsoever. Not all my comments are Amsoil related. I am after all, an oil nut.

Just poking a little fun. IMHO, you have every right to sing AmSoil's praises at every opportunity (although you often choose NOT to do so), and you could have used this probably-Lower-than-AmSoil-TBN-number to illustrate AmSoil's superiority. Again, you chose NOT to! It's one of the many reasons you are so respected on this board...you are an oil nut; not a self-serving salesman. Many of us students appreciate that attitude.

I agree with Titan. It's nice to hear from someone on this board that is not self-serving. Stand up and take a bow Pablo!!

Not saying anyone else is self-serving, but Pablo has every opportunity to do so , but is content being just "one of the boy"

Now if we only convince him to get rid of that avatar!!!

Last edited:
Overall, I'm happy with these results. The Motorcraft oil is cheap at ~$12 for a 5 gallon jug at Wal-Mart. I don't see a need to run more expensive oil given the drain intervals it will see.

Originally Posted By: BigBadf350
wow look at that iron #.

what oil is this engine speced for.

It's speced for 5w-20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back