My own offroad (softroad) adventures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Andes and the Morrocoy national Park in the Falcon State in Venezuela. The first four pics are from when I was in the Andes, the rest are from Morrocoy on a path that leads to a very secluded beach, if you care in ANY shape or form about the paint on your vehicle then....I wouldn't recommend this trail, however I don't care about the paint on this car like I don't care about the acting in a p0rno. The car is a 2006 Daihatsu Terios SPORT (Form a line ladies.) 83 HP Automatic, its not the 4x4 Model but it is at least RWD and doesn't weigh much :read:. The only 'mods' are that I put 'better' tires on it and changed what fluids I could to synthetic. Engine, rear diff oil, etc. I bottomed out once, what I hit was the rear tow hook under the license plate.
Other than that the Terios behaved Beautifully, it was like a really large ATV.
(Sorry for the large pics and novice style photography.)

First pic is when we helped someone out when their Diff exploded.

2ypjl1x.jpg

91hq11.jpg

Road somewhat supported by tires, poo came out when crossing it.

2hqxqbr.jpg

20siqz8.jpg

A friend of mine getting his bike ready.

6p582w.jpg

w8b4o7.jpg

2lj46bt.jpg

Passing some private property.

35bgtnc.jpg

2ew0hs1.jpg

2e5lcwh.jpg

166c1fo.jpg

2zrm3wp.jpg

mhetxz.jpg

Me about to cut some fallen trees that blocked the path. And notice the branches that made very nice musical screeching noises when they rubbed against the car.

s5xlli.jpg

Just went to the Tovar colony today through the offroad trails and rivers.
On the way there I spotted this.

cueld.jpg

First of many river crossings.

2rh495w.jpg

Crossing it.

f9lizk.jpg

1jvrs8.jpg

4jb8gn.jpg

x5cyg1.jpg

160qtu9.jpg

Taking a break and doing a systems check.

102ru2x.jpg

1zvsuq8.jpg

34rx8wz.jpg

zmocjd.jpg

Last edited:
Actually we saw a small pothole on the side of the trail and we looked inside it and it turned out to be a MASSIVE cave under the trail and wennt over to the other side. As for antiant ruins.......That's where the bathroom used to be.

hx8944.jpg

Cute ute. Port installed Air Conditioning? Like seeing a far flung Red Sox fan.
cheers3.gif

Those roads look ok during the dry season, though the tire thing is a bit sketchy.

Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing!

It proves that the driver makes the vehicle, and not the other way around. I know most SUV owners around here would refuse to take their behemoths down that road, or across that stream.

Last edited:
the A/C is original lol. These tires are amazing so far, much better than the duler ht's that were on before. I Wouldnt go there if it was wet. but if I had AWD then sure I would go.

That sticker is old as carp, from like 2003. I found it in a drawer and I put in on the car. (I am a Red sox fan but My dad is an even bigger one.)

Last edited:
I just also wanted to say, cute little 'ute you've got there - it looks like a small cross between a Kia Sportage and a Honda CR-V.

Its so simple that I have to manually turn the wiper switch on every time I clean the windshield and pull the stalk back.

So simple that my automatic transmission doesn't come with a filter.

I don't even have ABS
eek.gif

Y'konw, that doesn't sound so bad....I wish we had that kind of option here!

Years ago, I had a 1986 Honda Civic 1.5L 5-speed. Carb'd engine manual choke, power nothing...sometimes I miss it......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back