Auto-RX Results - Part 2 - first rinse cycle pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to see here people, move along...

The original thread showing the cleaning cycle can be found here: Auto-RX Results - First Cleaning Cycle

The pictures below show the results of a 3,000 mile rinse cycle with PYB.

With the naked eye, it doesn't look like anything has changed with the appearance of the metal. The only difference seen is in the corner where some build up is washing out ever so slowly.

I've decided to do ANOTHER cleaning / rinse cycle with Auto-RX to give it another shot (i bought two bottles and don't have any other use for it) I'll post the results of the second cleaning / rinse cycle in a few months.

Currently 220,000 on my 98 Toyota Camry V6

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

This part of the valve cover (which i'm guessing gets good contact with the oil is getting clean. It used to be in the same condition as the other side of the VC, which doesn't see much oil action.

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

I have to agree you just have some varnish, I would just use the Auto-RX you have for a couple of maintenance doses, then just do normal oil changes once your RX is used up.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Even w/o the Auto-Rx, that engine is pretty darn clean for 220k miles.

I agree that it's pretty clean for an supposed sludge prone engine but i'm just experimenting with cleaning additives to see if it's possible to clean it up.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
I have to agree you just have some varnish, I would just use the Auto-RX you have for a couple of maintenance doses, then just do normal oil changes once your RX is used up.

Too late, i've already dumped the whole bottle in. I feel is a full dose isn't doing much, tiny maintenance doses are a joke in my case.

Thanks for posting the update Artem. I agree your engine does look pretty good for 220K but the Auto RX does not seem to budge the varnish or the stubborn coked on sections on your engine.

Maybe you'll see better results after two more doses of this treatment. Two years is a long time to wait to get an engine cleaned up....but Auto RX is supposed to work very slowly to clean up an engine. It appears that the product is doing what it says.....work very slowly to clean up an engine.

Originally Posted By: mongo161
Thanks for posting the update Artem. I agree your engine does look pretty good for 220K but the Auto RX does not seem to budge the varnish or the stubborn coked on sections on your engine.

Maybe you'll see better results after two more doses of this treatment. Two years is a long time to wait to get an engine cleaned up....but Auto RX is supposed to work very slowly to clean up an engine. It appears that the product is doing what it says.....work very slowly to clean up an engine.

I agree. I don't want an aggressive cleaner. I want a safe cleaner that will actually CLEAN.

Originally Posted By: Artem

Too late, i've already dumped the whole bottle in. I feel is a full dose isn't doing much, tiny maintenance doses are a joke in my case.

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you stuck with ARX for another cycle. Which should prove how effective the product is by going through two consecutive cycles. Good luck with your experimenting.

Did you cut the filter after the rinse?

Originally Posted By: OilNerd
Great pictures!

Sorry the varnish isn't coming off, but that's still one nice looking engine!
cheers3.gif

It's a great performing engine as well. It returned 29.4 mpg average during a 500 mile road trip yesterday. The 4 quarts of 10w30 mixed with 1 quart of 10w40 PYB + the super thick Auto-RX flowing through the block didn't seem to effect fuel economy at all. The V6 is rated for 27mpg highway.
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: sunfire

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you stuck with ARX for another cycle. Which should prove how effective the product is by going through two consecutive cycles. Good luck with your experimenting.

Did you cut the filter after the rinse?

No, the M1 oil filter is still in use after the Rise cycle. I figured since there isn't much that's getting RINSED (just minor varnish, if that) that the M1 filter isn't full of anything after only a 3k OCI, so i'm reusing it during the cleaning cycle to get more value out of it (even though i purchased it for $6 during an AAP online sale)
thumbsup2.gif

It is too late now, but if you really want to see how ARX helps, do before and after compression tests. I have never used ARX as a cleaner, I have only used it to restore compression in higher mileage engines and as a maintenance dose in newer engines to improve MPGs by reducing fuel usage at idle.

How would it reduce fuel usage at idle???? I'm lost.

You're right though, its way too late for compression tests as I'm currently doing a second treatment with ARX.

Quote:
I have never used ARX as a cleaner, I have only used it to restore compression in higher mileage engines and as a maintenance dose in newer engines to improve MPGs by reducing fuel usage at idle.

There are other products that can clean the rings quickly and raise compression for less than half the price.
Are you saying that adding 4 oz of ARX to the oil makes a measurable and verifiable increase beyond statistical noise in fuel consumption at idle?
Only in newer engines? What about older engines?

What conditions with and without the product in the crankcase, equipment used ?
Are you claiming this as fact? Will the company stand behind your claims with proof or are these just your own observations?

Originally Posted By: badtlc
I have never used ARX as a cleaner, I have only used it to restore compression in higher mileage engines and as a maintenance dose in newer engines to improve MPGs by reducing fuel usage at idle.

PLEASE explain. That's quite a claim!

Originally Posted By: mongo161

I agree. I don't want an aggressive cleaner. I want a safe cleaner that will actually CLEAN.

So......when will it clean?

Quote:

From my own experience the body will be long rotted and the engine will look the same when they pull it at the wrecking yard.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
It is too late now, but if you really want to see how ARX helps, do before and after compression tests. I have never used ARX as a cleaner, I have only used it to restore compression in higher mileage engines and as a maintenance dose in newer engines to improve MPGs by reducing fuel usage at idle.

You're contradicting yourself in the same sentence. If you used ARX to restore compression, is it not CLEANING in order to achieve that?
33.gif

The only way restored compression and thus perhaps 'minimal' fuel gains would be to assume ARx actually cleaned up some 'sticky'(read, not 'stuck?) rings.

Like to see some hard numbers b4 and after on perhaps 'known' sticky rings and see if ARx could restore compression, then again piston soaks can do this eventually perhaps!?

BTW: Nice follow up Artem!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
The only way restored compression and thus perhaps 'minimal' fuel gains would be to assume ARx actually cleaned up some 'sticky'(read, not 'stuck?) rings.

Like to see some hard numbers b4 and after on perhaps 'known' sticky rings and see if ARx could restore compression, then again piston soaks can do this eventually perhaps!?

BTW: Nice follow up Artem!
thumbsup2.gif

We restored compression in a Chevy 250 I6 engine that powered my brothers boat with MMO. I had the numbers and posted about it a long time ago, unfortunately I can't locate the numbers or the post.

A piston soak would probably be the fastest way to restore compression, along with a treatment of Kreen or MMO. A one, two punch combo for lack of a better term.

It could probably be done in less than 1000 miles, perhaps sooner with the combo mentioned above. That's going under the assumption that there is nothing mechanically wrong with the engine.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Quote:

From my own experience the body will be long rotted and the engine will look the same when they pull it at the wrecking yard.

I would agree here too. That engine was clean enought with using it. Since I have toyo's, Trav is 100% correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back