Ford Dealers Beat Tire Price Plus $100 Rebate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Low Price Tire Guarantee. Buy with Confidence.
In the unlikely event you find tires for less, we'll beat that price up to 30 days after your purchase!
Offer available for all makes and models. Requires presentation of competitor's current price ad on exact tire sold by dealership. See participating dealership for details.
Expires 12/31/2011.
Ford Price Tire Guarantee

Buy Four Tires. Get a $100 Rebate!
On these name brands: Goodyear, Continental, Pirelli, Hankook, Dunlop and Yokohama
Dealer-installed retail tire purchases only, limit one redemption per customer. Purchase tires between 4/1/11 and 5/31/11. Rebate must be submitted by 6/30/11. See participating dealership for vehicle applications and rebate details.
Expires 5/31/2011.
Tire Rebate

Just saw a commercial advertising this on tv. I wonder how/if they figure in install costs? Or things like free alignmemts that some tire shops do with 4 tires? Or rotation/balance costs (some places have lifetime rotation/balance included with install price, or free).

So it depends on if it is a good deal or not. If they price match on the tires, but you pay $17 per tire install, then have to pay $30 for rotation and balance every 6k miles, plus an alignment (at least an alignment check should be done with new tires) for $60+, it isn't that good of a deal even with the $100 rebate.

It could be
whistle.gif
nothing more than heads we win tales you lose and because it is a stealer you know it has to be...

Get them in, sell them the Brooklyn Bridge. I'd stay clear of a dealership for tires. JMO

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Get them in, sell them the Brooklyn Bridge. I'd stay clear of a dealership for tires. JMO

+1 The LAST place I'd go for tires would be a stealership.

JMO also...

Seems straight forward. Other blogs have had great luck on low prices and no bot and switch.

If you need tires it is worth the try IMO. Ford buys over 3 million tires a year. They do have some pull. Also looking to get new business into their dealerships.. People have the right to be skeptical, but trashing without trying is... well.........

The two local Ford dealers in my area are thieves, that's coming from past experience unfortunately. That's why I'll pass on their tire deals, sorry. Maybe its different somewhere else, but I'd rather not take that chance.

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Seems straight forward. Other blogs have had great luck on low prices and no bot and switch.

If you need tires it is worth the try IMO. Ford buys over 3 million tires a year. They do have some pull. Also looking to get new business into their dealerships.. People have the right to be skeptical, but trashing without trying is... well.........

+1

We will do the tire thing on any make no questions asked. If we dont have the tires in stock we get them either same day or the next morning. No bait and switch here.

Profit margins are so low on tires it doesnt really matter how much you discount them, they are not a money maker by any stretch of the imagination.

I agree with Tenderloin. Buying tires from a car dealer in general is not prudent, but with Low Price Tire Guarantee and $100 Rebate I would give my local Ford dealer a chance to earn my business, if I need a set of tire before 5/31.

OT: I posted in another thread about battery size 49 for my E430, it seems that Ford battery BXT-49 at $9x with 3-year free replacement and 100 months pro-rate is the best deal in my area. It seems that Ford company is doing what it can to improve the revenue/profit of its dealer network without help/bail out from government. If I need some parts that I can get it from Ford, I will give them a chance.

Advertised low/sale prices are ime, generally limited to specific tire size/sizes, not inclusive of all sizes. Also, does Ford have lifetime drive up, no appointment rotation and/or balance? Things I've come to expect now with the excellent after the sale DT service.

If I needed tires, I'd print the Ford $100 rebate, find my lowest price(s) including online prices and take it to my DT store for a price match. I've negotiated many a good deal with DT, doing similar. Then, I know I'm doing business with someone dedicated to my tire satisfaction during and after the sale. JMO

I'd trust my dealer for tires. I wouldn't have a problem at all. The cost is probably ate up in their install fees. Just like NTBs wonderful buy "3 get 1 free", or buy "2 get 2 free" deals -- which require the purchase of their "Premium Install Package" -- which then makes their total out-the-door price just as high (or higher) than anyone.

I wish I felt the same about the dealers around here. A little loss on the tires, upsell brakes, front end work or anything else they can while they have the vehicle. I remember the $8 tire rotation at my Ford dealer. I told them to do it while I was in for warranty work, for $8 why not? Then them not rotating the tires, swearing they did until I showed them how I marked the tires. Funny thing, I was viewed as a bad guy for marking the tires, LOL. That's all it took to destroy my trust in them.

As much as I hate the stearlership if they match the price I will go there..There is no way I am going to a tire store down here for anything..All tire stores here in South Florida are off the table cause every single one of them are run by big time snakes down here...They will sabotage your car in a heart beat of you refuse unwanted services.

On my last set of Michelins the Ford dealer did match Costco price at 95 bucks a tire..That included everything at 95 bucks..The alignmet was 60 bucks..Threw the years I have out that the stearlership does the best alignment.

Costco is my first choice for tires and the stearlership is my second choice..That is if they match the price.

Everytime I ride by a tire store down here in Miami-Fort Lauderdale I give a quick count on how many people are getting hosed that day.

I used to like Costco for tires, but they have really deteriorated over the years. The sale prices were pretty good when mounting and balancing was included, but now they add it on top just like everyone else. Any tire place can beat their prices. Most places offer free rotation thougg it is irrelevant to me since I do it myself.

Also, the customer service has gone way downhill. One person at the register who moves slow as molasses. I've walked in to have a flat fixed on a loose wheel off the car and have waited over 30 minutes just to drop it off. They had the last one for 2 days and never called to tell me it was ready.

I now prefer to buy my tires online (or slighty used when possible) and have my local gas station mount them. Friendly, fast and always balanced perfectly for less than Costco charges. Plus they don't charge me to dispose of the old tires. Costco won't be seeing me for tires again. I would have no problem using the Ford dealer if the numbers worked out.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Advertised low/sale prices are ime, generally limited to specific tire size/sizes, not inclusive of all sizes. Also, does Ford have lifetime drive up, no appointment rotation and/or balance? Things I've come to expect now with the excellent after the sale DT service.

If I needed tires, I'd print the Ford $100 rebate, find my lowest price(s) including online prices and take it to my DT store for a price match. I've negotiated many a good deal with DT, doing similar. Then, I know I'm doing business with someone dedicated to my tire satisfaction during and after the sale. JMO

Yes, actually they do. I bought the tires for my Expedition there, my buddy Jon bought the tires for his F-250 there, and my dad bought the tires for his Expedition there.

The dealership didn't try to sell us ANYTHING. And nobody could touch their pricing.

There was no gimmick or limit. Jon bought a set of mud terrain 35's, I bought Michelin LTX MS's, dad bought MS2's.

There was no charge for installation. They balanced them well and they come with lifetime rotation. I've never had to make an appointment to get them rotated either. Just show up and they do it while you wait. I don't know about the re-balance, since none of us have had to get that done.

I have purchased 3 full sets of tires from my local Ford Dealership in the past 2 years. In every case, they have beat any advertised price, including Tire Rack, Onlinetires.com, Discount Tire, etc. Yes, they actually match online prices! (to be fair they included the shipping cost in their price quote, but I would have paid that anyway.)

In every tire purchase I received lifetime road hazard protection, nitrogen fill, lifetime balance, and lifetime rotation, free of charge.

In every purchase, the dealership performed a 4 wheel alignment for $79.00 and did not try to upsell new brakes, shocks or anything else. I placed the order and I was out the door within a couple of hours.

Buy from Discount Tire and try to get an alignment or shocks installed. (You can't because they only install tires- no alignments or any other mechanical work.)

My last purchase was for a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS 235/50/17, set of 4 tires, with 4 wheel alignment, mount & balance, Lifetime road hazard and rotation for $721.38. I then received a $100 rebate from Ford Motor Company on top of that.

I bought local, bought American, and received the best price. That works for me.

757 Guy

I use Discount Tire/Americas Tire. They are great.
Fast, friendly service, free rotations when you buy there, and they send reminder emails every time they estimate your need to come in. Clean, coffee/water and will match any deal too.

Quote:
I use Discount Tire/Americas Tire. They are great.
Fast, friendly service, free rotations when you buy there, and they send reminder emails every time they estimate your need to come in. Clean, coffee/water and will match any deal too.
+1 and actually even if NOT purchased there, DT will rotate them FOC.(see link below) This goes for ALL DT stores and is not subject to individual dealership/ownership whims. Lifetime balance with purchase, and they are dedicated to tires only and customer satisfaction in that purchase. They also have no issues with me checking my pads each time I have tires rotated/balanced. No reason for me to purchase elsewhere. Thread below sums up my feelings, and I've bought two sets of tires from them since that post.

Discount Tire Experience

LOL at the "don't buy tires at the stealership" people.

My dealership gave me my tires barely above cost. How do I know that? because I used to wrench at a shop and knew how much the tires cost our shop. 7 bucks above cost per tire included stems, installation and disposal fees. Nobody could have possibly beat that, at the time. I still find it hard for anyone to beat that right now. Shoot, profit margins on tires is pretty low, it's not like people are making bank strictly on tires.

Of course, they didn't HAVE Firestone/Bridgestone, but they ordered them up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back