How does Amsoil ATF compare to mobil 424

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a polaris four wheeler and the Hilliard front diff. calls for Mobil 424 or Mobil fluid LT. It is recommended on atv forums that ATF will work to but I just want to make sure.

I have heard of others putting gear lube in and its to thick, what happens is the automatic locking diff. will cause severe damage if it doesnt engage right. Thanks

The only Amsoil product I see meeting the same viscosity specs is the Amsoil ATH tractor/hydraulic fluid.

Check with one of the Amsoil reps here and discuss.

ATF is too thin and 80W90 gear lube is much too thick.

Last edited:
If you call or email Amsoil they will be glad to answer your question. Then if that is convenient you can buy from one of the Amsoil sponsors on this forum.

It seems like ATF has been the most popular recommended fluid on the atv forums but ATH is recommended too.

Doing an end run around:

Mobil LT

Applications

* Heavy-duty transmissions, differentials, final drives, hydraulic systems, power steering systems, wet brakes, PTOs, and hydrostatic drives used in agricultural, contractor, and industrial applications
* Recommended for top-up and refill of systems
* Suitable for transmission applications requiring Type A (Suffix A), Dexron, and Type F fluids
* Recommended for hydraulic and transmission systems where an SAE 10W-20 engine oil is specified
* Do not use in passenger car automatic transmissions

Specifications and Approvals

Mobilfluid LT is recommended for use in applications requiring:
API GL-4 X
Caterpillar TO-2 X
Denison HF-0, HF-1, HF-2 (Pumps Only) X
John Deere J20D X
Vickers 35VQ25A X

Applications

* Heavy-duty transmissions, differentials, final drives, hydraulic systems, power steering systems, wet brakes, PTOs and hydrostatic drives
* Recommended in off-highway industries including: agriculture, construction, and quarrying
* Recommended for top-up and refill of systems
* Suitable for commercial transmission applications requiring Type A (Suffix A), Dexron and Type F fluids. Do not use in passenger car automatic transmissions
* May be used in applications requiring API GL-4 or SAE 80W grade lubricants in all gear applications except hypoid gear designs
* Outstanding replacement for engine oils recommended for hydraulic and transmission systems

Specifications and Approvals

Mobilfluid 424 meets or exceeds the following industry and builder specifications:
API GL-4 X
Ford New Holland FNHA-2-C-201.00 X
Kubota UDT X
Volvo WB 101/BM X
CNH MAT 3525 X

Mobilfluid 424 is recommended for use in applications requiring:
Allison C-4 (Agriculture Applications Only) X
Vickers 35VQ25 X
Caterpillar TO-2 X
Denison HF-0, HF-1,HF-2 (Pumps Only) X
Ford New Holland ESN-M2C134-D X
J. I. Case MS 1204-07/09 X
Massey Ferguson MF 1135, 1139, 1141 X
UTTO X
AGCO Powerfluid 821 XL X
John Deere J20C X

Putting a few of those spec's into Amsoil's search function produces the ATH that Mola suggests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back