Amsoil EaBP-90 2006 Tacoma Trans Bypass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks pabs. Yeah I spent the extra dough on some high quality clamps from HosePowerUSA. They are a local hydraulic shop here in the southwest. I actually installed the same thing on my Camry although pics on it are next to impossible to get seeing that its mounted behind the drivers headlight assembly. Im excited to see particle counts!

I might ask the guy next time around if these are the best hose clamps they have, but they are pretty robust in contrast to many others I have used. I think they will be fine. It would be a different story if I sourced them from autozone!
LOL.gif

Last edited:
I wanted the very best in transmission filtration. Who knows how long I will keep this truck, one can really never say. I would like to extend my trans OCI's while giving it the best chance at a long service life. It was fun and didn't take long after all of the parts were compiled.

As far as extra ATF, I believe it is around a quart, maybe a bit more.

Cool...I've always wondered about filtering the atf, especially since all I do are drain and refills, never dropping the pan. The extra quart in the system should help you extend your OCIs on that tranny.

I'll bet you could come up with a way to cool the fluid right at the filter, or maybe inline.

I considered adding something in the way of better cooling, but the stock transmission cooler looks to be more than adequate along with the Synthetic ATF I chose. That and the extra capacity surely didn't hurt. I know most think this is overkill, but having it, I would never go back to standard filtration in any of my cars.

The particle counts later on should justify my small investment!
beer3.gif

Is this simply T'd into the cooler hoses in parallel?
Is the cooler providing the resistance for bypass flow?

Yes. There's enough drop across the cooler to drive the fluid through the bypass filter. The .030 restrictor keeps the flow in check. It's the simplest way for bypass filtration on a cooler circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back