new Super Tech bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new shaped bottles have been on the shelf for a while, but just yesterday I picked one up to look at the bottom. It was stamped WNE instead of WPP. Are these manufactured by WPP still, but at a different plant? The W in WPP and WNE looks the same.

WPP = Warren blended and bottled.
WNE = Warren bottled only.

If the bottle is the same shape as the Mobil 5000 bottle, the oil was blended and bottled by XOM.

It's actually a bottle shape I've never seen before. It has less slope to it from the side with the neck to the other side, it's much more square.

I wonder if it's a different oil than the old style bottles?

The new Super Tech bottle I have doesn't have WPP or WNE ANYWHERE on the bottle. It's shaped like Mobil bottles. I've thumbed through some MSDS from Wal Mart and if found MSDS's from SOUPUS (dated 2007) and Mobil (dated 2004).

Same bottles here too.

You know, I think Warren must make the Accel SF oil that's at Walmart.

Same markings, same bottle shape.

Originally Posted By: G-MAN
WPP = Warren blended and bottled.
WNE = Warren bottled only.

If the bottle is the same shape as the Mobil 5000 bottle, the oil was blended and bottled by XOM.

The other thing is that "blending" is not the same as "making" in the sense that they get base stock and additives from others (and maybe sometimes the formula from others).

A bartender does not manufacturer the ingredients used in a drink. It still gets back to what goes into the final product, and blending and/or bottling are not rocket science.

Originally Posted By: sparkplug
The new Super Tech bottle I have doesn't have WPP or WNE ANYWHERE on the bottle. It's shaped like Mobil bottles. I've thumbed through some MSDS from Wal Mart and if found MSDS's from SOUPUS (dated 2007) and Mobil (dated 2004).

You got a batch of the ExxonMobil made stuff, then.

Speaking of which, I was in Walmart tonight and I have never seen so much Mobil Clean 5000 5W-30 in one place before. There were literally about 2,000 bottles of it on and end cap
crazy2.gif

This is a picture showing the old style bottle next to the new style one.

warrenbottles.jpg

The second from the left is the old style, the rest are the new style.

I know they don't say Super Tech on them, but the Mag 1 products are made by Warren Performance Products, who makes the Super Tech oil. I just happened to be in another store that had the 2 bottle styles side by side.

An end cap is on the very end of an isle where there is a lot of traffic. It grabs attention, and has a lot of shelf space that is usually occupied by one product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back