My totalled car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, my goal of reaching 300,000 miles was cut short today. At 278,000 I was side-swiped on my way to work. I'm OK, but the car is totaled. I was driving down the divided highway(65mph) when someone in a Honda Passport(Isuzu Rodeo) pulled out right in front of me. I managed to swerve around him, but he kept going and hit the side of my car. The driver was air lifted to the hospital and last I heard was in critical condition.

crash1.jpg

crash2.jpg

crash3.jpg

crash4.jpg

crash5.jpg

T-Keith your pic does not work or is way too large. Glad your okay, sorry about the ride.

Like I have and many others posted before, accidents are a major killer of older high mileage cars.

Glad you are ok! Who cares about the car, you are lucky you are not hurt. I had a guy pull out in front of me yesterday too. Some old guy. It's crazy out there.

Shame you didn't make the goal but as others stated, the real goal everyday is to survive, and that you did. Glad you weren't hurt. Your car sacrificed itself for your well being. You took care of her for all those years so she returned the favor.

Glad to hear you're ok, that looked like you took a nasty hit! It's a good thing you didn't have a passenger with you!

The important thing is that you're OK.

I hope the other person also does well and learns something from their ******.

Some people and lawyers are real *****. Get a copy of the police report as soon as possible and be sure it's airtight in your favor. Also get your own pictures of the accident site and do your own write-up on what happened while it's still fresh in your memory. Get pictures of the site including any stop signs, yield signs or anything else that should influence traffic flow too.

Also get pictures from both drivers locations just before the accident to show field of view that you and the other driver had at that intersection.

Hopefully you won't need any of that, but like I said before, a lot of people are *****.

If you have a hint of an ache or pain from the accident document that too, a visit to the doctor wouldn't be a bad idea unless there is absolutely no discomfort.

I am definitely not in favor of fake claims, but you need to look out for yourself and be prepared for skulduggery from the other side.

As long as the other guy is at fault, he or his insurance company owes you replacement value for your car. They will normally start off offering you wholesale (low bluebook) for your car with it's mileage in average condition. Keep in mind, you are owed what it will cost to replace your car with one in similar condition.

Look around for a cars in your cars condition and find out what they sell for. They are obligated to replace the value of your car, not the value of a typical 278,000 mile worn out beater.

Anything you can do to document the condition of your car and it's replacement price will help you.

Wow! I wonder what the Passport looks like. He must have hit you pretty hard. Those old Buicks were built pretty solid. Good that you are okay. You could resurrect her by donating her engine to another car of similiar vintage. She was the 2-door which was rare and gorgeous but I bet you can find a used 4-door cheap with good ,bad motor. Your tranny and motor will bolt right in.

Sorry that you were involved in an accident (one of my many fears), but glad that you walked away.

Hope the other party gets to walk away also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back